• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IDIOTS. PURE IDIOTS. I want to take people aside when I am at the range when they give a friend/family/wife/girlfriend an Airweight .357 with planet cracking 125gr Remmy UMC Mangle-ums, .44 Magnums or lightweight .45s and give them a piece of my mind. They laugh and laugh when the shooter puts it down with disgust, then wonders why she is mad. Aggravates the heck out of me EVERY single time I see it and it happens a lot. Morons need to get their head screwed on straight.

People: If you take your girlfriend or wife or family out to shoot, spend more dag-gum time showing them how to shoot rather than trying to film them with your phone camera you moron. Save the YouTube or Facebook photo/video crap for later and do some proper shooting/instruction.

This is more the norm especially among the young. They find great humor in pain........................:dunno:

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The debate is not about the gun but about self preservation, self sufficiency, self reliance. Once you take the self out, you're just left with preservation sufficiency reliance. I'd rather be relying on myself, than someone that I don't know... But that goes along with my food, my health, my religion, etc.

Small stature and inexperienced shooters, need to start small.
    GCV.jpg

Driver's Education^^^

Last edited:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I don't care if someone.is gay or if they have an abortion. I wouldn't say anyone is FOR abortion or FOR being gay, abortion is a choice and being gay is just who you are. But I'm not anti gun either.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    to the OP... if your sister and sister in law have a good relationship perhaps the two of them can get some bonding time out on the range. The sis just might feel more trust (and curiosity) with another female. Just be sure your sil feels comfortable teaching another and knows how to do it properly.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Speaking of setting up people to fail.... I was at the range with my mom, sister, mom's friend, and mom's friend's brother. My sister was shooting my S&W model 638 snubby .38 special revolver. My mom's friend's brother also shoots and had his 9mm semi-auto sig sauer. He was teaching my sister to grip (the revolver) like a semi-auto, like he does, with the support hand wrapped more around the left side of the weapon, rather under her firing hand. This is after I taught her to hold it with her support hand under her firing hand. He wasn't fond of this "cop style" grip. I'm leery about other people's instruction and bias for this reason, teaching my sister to shoot a revolver with her support hand wrapped around the left of her firing hand & weapon, with her thumb clearly in front of the cylinder... Ya I caught it, stopped it, and informed both of them that gases escape the cylinder and sides of the weapon at enough velocity to cause serious harm or dismemberment. He then states he doesn't have much experience with revolvers.....

She's a sign-language interpreter, she literally talks with her hands to make a living. Keeping her attention became a little easier after that.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    So this thread went from a man describing his sister's dislike for guns and why, to people talking about near anything but the topic. Right down to bashing each other. Friggin amazing! This thread has gone to :poop:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My mother and sister don't like guns and know that I do. I don't talk politics or religion at family gatherings because we won't see eye to eye. Why turn a nice get together to crap over subjects that has little chance of changing each others minds? I see so many families break apart over some BS issues and it is quite sad. You only get one family, don't throw the relationship away over personal opinions. Also, if you know your sister doesn't want you packing in HER HOUSE, respect that. Life is far too short.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    My mother and sister don't like guns and know that I do. I don't talk politics or religion at family gatherings because we won't see eye to eye. Why turn a nice get together to crap over subjects that has little chance of changing each others minds? I see so many families break apart over some BS issues and it is quite sad. You only get one family, don't throw the relationship away over personal opinions. Also, if you know your sister doesn't want you packing in HER HOUSE, respect that. Life is far too short.

Oh sure, get back on topic. As to your advice, I agree. I am just glad I don't have to take it.:D

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I thought religion was off limits around here? This thread just got obnoxious. Mods, please shut it down.

I don't know. I understand people not wanting to talk about religion, but second amendment sites having too much censorship is kind of like gun owners voting for Obama. I get what you are saying, but there is a fine line.

Now its a private entity. The owner can do what they want. I am just saying for a gun forum to subscribe to political correctness is something leaving some head scratching.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't know. I understand people not wanting to talk about religion, but second amendment sites having too much censorship is kind of like gun owners voting for Obama. I get what you are saying, but there is a fine line.

Now its a private entity. The owner can do what they want. I am just saying for a gun forum to subscribe to political correctness is something leaving some head scratching.

Religious discussions are against ingo rules. It is their rule because certain topics tend to inflame people, feelings vet hurt, etc.
    A discussion on how to defend a church against attack is not religious. But you have to be careful or the mods will think you crossed the line. A better explanation is in the faqs.
    Forgive grammer/spelling mistakes. I'm on morphine.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

There are a few things that are off limits because they get too heated too quick as you can see. Limiting the discussions within certain parameters (much like the 1A doesnt allow for yelling fire in a crowded theater) is a necessity.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Religious discussions are against ingo rules. It is their rule because certain topics tend to inflame people, feelings vet hurt, etc.
    A discussion on how to defend a church against attack is not religious. But you have to be careful or the mods will think you crossed the line. A better explanation is in the faqs.

Only if you share. ;)

(not really, I'm actually allergic to it. hope you get to feeling better soon)

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Yup, cut it out. And this comes from someone with strong religious beliefs. Just don't go there on here. If you want to have this discussions then PM each other.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And we have a winner........................:rockwoot:

Religion/politics and now race are getting to be taboo as we enter into a new era of PC.

Respect others opinions in their homes.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    And we have a winner........................:rockwoot:

Religion/politics and now race are getting to be taboo as we enter into a new era of PC.

Respect others opinions in their homes.

And that ads to losing the battle.

I get both sides of it, but as one member put it it comes down the the rules. A private owner of a site could say everyone there has to agree Obama is not anti gun. I would think they were a moron, tell them as much and get banned, but they could do that.

Top Bottom