• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Find where I mentioned sky nukes in a balloon, and win a free box of wadcutters.

You aren't the only one in the thread, that was simply an example of taking it to the extreme of "it's a big deal" to the point of hitting Chicken Little territory.

So, you're turn. Who said it's no big deal? Unless you're going Trooper route and this is just trolling via meme. The answer is nobody, and you know it. There's a difference between attempting to analyze intent and calling for a proportional response than shrugging it off as nothing. Like in the 5 shot thread, you seem to lose that nuance and simply assign me a position at an extreme instead. You did note my post about Trump's response to Iran's missile strike on our installation, right?

So many people in this thread act like it's strength to be a chihuahua barking at everything that moves past your yard. I would suggest things like: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64479712 disagree with that narrative building. Which is a bigger in your face move, floating a balloon or increasing military presence and ability to project force at sea?

Put this in a bigger context. ****ing think. Stop reacting to the Chicken Little narrative and partisan politics. It's a propaganda victory for sure, and obviously the psyops part is working on some portion of the population if you just read this thread... So, is it a big deal? It's not nothing. Is it a real threat to the US? No. Does it give China some capability they didn't have before? I'm hesitant to say 100% no, but I'd lean that way. Does it give them a talking point to try and sway Taiwan and those on the fence about independence and if the US can/will provide material assistance if China goes hot? Absolutely.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Reports are the balloon has been shot down.

Anyone else feel like this is way too little too late?

Reminds me of Uvalde in a way. Stand around with your d*** in your hand watching until its too late.

Should have been neutralized in MT when it entered, BEFORE it did its thing, not AFTER its done doing its thing.

And you cant tell me it was safer to shoot it down in SC than it was in MT. The only place safer than MT was off the coast. And it doesnt appear it got that far.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Reminds me of Uvalde in a way. Stand around with your d*** in your hand watching until its too late.

Should have been neutralized in MT when it entered, BEFORE it did its thing, not AFTER its done doing its thing.

And you cant tell me it was safer to shoot it down in SC than it was in MT. The only place safer than MT was off the coast. And it doesnt appear it got that far.

There could have been an element of concern over what was on the balloon that gave pause to shooting it down.

I mean, how pissed would people be if it was carrying a nuke, biological weapons, etc, and shooting it down was the trigger mechanism?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Only thing lighter than Helium is Hydrogen.
    Says you.
    This is my point. We might not know everything. We think we do, but we don’t know what we don’t know.
    Military intelligence is a race to the top. We might not know what the payload could be, even though we think we should know what it could be.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There could have been an element of concern over what was on the balloon that gave pause to shooting it down.

I mean, how pissed would people be if it was carrying a nuke, biological weapons, etc, and shooting it down was the trigger mechanism?
    So you are telling me they value the few lives in MT over the millions in SC?

If what you say is true, they would have waited until it was out at sea to act so it didnt hurt anyone. Its almost like they were waiting for china to get what they wanted before shooting it down so we didnt tick them off too badly.

Besides, how much farther away from DC is MT from SC?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Canada should have destroyed it before it even crossed the US border.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So you are telling me they value the few lives in MT over the millions in SC?

If what you say is true, they would have waited until it was out at sea to act so it didnt hurt anyone. Its almost like they were waiting for china to get what they wanted before shooting it down so we didnt tick them off too badly.

Besides, how much farther away from DC is MT from SC?

We lead the world in electronic warfare, I'd be surprised if those things were allowed to gather or transmit anything of value in the sea of jamming they were experiencing.

When they could get intel from spies sleeping with congressmen on the intel committee, I'm doubting they were going to be getting much better intel with these. Besides establishing a baseline of radio activity.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Says you.
    This is my point. We might not know everything. We think we do, but we don’t know what we don’t know.
    Military intelligence is a race to the top. We might not know what the payload could be, even though we think we should know what it could be.
    I mean there are other sub-atomic particles that are smaller than Hydrogen.

But atoms are measured by adding the mass of protons and neutrons together.

Hydrogen has 1 proton and no neutron.

It has an atomic weight of 1.

Helium has 2 protons and 2 neutrons with roughly an atomic weight of 4.

Every other element is heavier.

Now of course electrons weigh less, but you can’t fill a balloon with electrons.

You also need gas to fill up a balloon.

Again, only elements can be solid, liquid, or gas.

Roughly 75% of the universe is Hydrogen. The other 24.9% is Helium. All other elements make up that .1% of the universe.

Hydrogen gravitating toward each other eventually become stars.

Nuclear fusion causes small mass atoms to smash into one another and merge/fuse and become heavier elements.

Once those stars went supernova, they spread the heavier elements across the universe.

Either way, the reason hydrogen and helium float is because they weigh less than Nitrogen and Oxygen, the next two gases on the periodic table and the gas that is the majority of our atmosphere.

I think our atmosphere is like 70% nitrogen and 25% oxygen and a little Argon.

All that to say, the only two elements that are gas that are lighter than N and O2 are H and HE.

Hydrogen is flammable. Helium is not.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom