• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Have two types of experience with attempting to lift/carry dead weight. The first is with firefighter training during search and rescue. Somewhat more universal, ask deer hunters about their experience(s) trying to load a 175 lb deer in the back of their pick up truck without human or mechanical assistance. Granted a deer is a different configuration because the legs don’t bend once rigor starts to occur, but the effect is the same. Dead weight, as mentioned, is not easily manipulated. Try trying to stand someone up to put them over your shoulder to employ a fireman’s carry. If their legs don’t lock, or support their own weight, getting them vertical ain’t that easy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.military.com/daily-news...s-made-it-through-seal-officer-screening.html
    The First Woman Has Made it Through SEAL Officer Screening

Because it is being "celebrated" by some.
    I'd like to point out..
    She didn't complete SEAL training.
    She didn't even start SEAL training.

She completed "screening" that determines if you can even start training.
    She can go to training.

Which I'd like to point out, has a high percentage of people fail all the time.

Also, there are people saying she's not going to SEAL training because "she's a woman".
    No.
    She didn't go to training, because it wasn't her first choice.
    She was awarded her first choice of field.
    She got what she wanted.
    Getting her first choice is not a bad thing. It is not being held back.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is all a farce. Women getting Ranger tabs under lowered standards
    NOT in combat roles in Ranger Battalions by the way. So NOT even close to being Rangers.
    All propoganda. Im so sick of politicians and this gender equality bs.

Ive been drinking so im gonna stop there before i get banned

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is all a farce. Women getting Ranger tabs under lowered standards
    NOT in combat roles in Ranger Battalions by the way. So NOT even close to being Rangers.
    All propoganda. Im so sick of politicians and this gender equality bs.

Ive been drinking so im gonna stop there before i get banned

Well, my point is, people are claiming this as a victory.
    I guess, in a way, it could be.
    But 100 men will pass that same test.
    And 80 of those men will fail SEAL/BUDS training.

So, having ONE woman pass the SCREENING, doesn't really mean anything.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Victory how, and for whom?

It's foolish to lower bar the and consider it a victory, that high bar is what gets those people out of bad situations when things go wrong.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, my point is, people are claiming this as a victory.
    I guess, in a way, it could be.
    But 100 men will pass that same test.
    And 80 of those men will fail SEAL/BUDS training.

So, having ONE woman pass the SCREENING, doesn't really mean anything.
    I dont think out of 100 men who graduate Ranger School only 20 would pass buds. I think thats way off.
    Buds gets more hype than it really is. And Ranger school aint no walk in the park.

Ill take 100 SCROLLED Rangers over 100 SEALs any day

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    2 different types of actions.
    Rangers tend to operate as units large enough to take over airfields, take choke points, and such.
    SEALs tend to operate in very small units. Often 2 persons.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    2 different types of actions.
    Rangers tend to operate as units large enough to take over airfields, take choke points, and such.
    SEALs tend to operate in very small units. Often 2 persons.
    Thats not always true. Rangers operate in smaller units too. And are also attached with other smaller units.
    SEALs & Rangers work on the same missions all the time too

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    :rofl:

Oh sorry that was out loud

My 22 year old is a Marsoc Raider, His younger brother plans to be one in the next two years...Both are now on deployment.... I dont sleep much these days, I'll be much happier when both are home.
    Theres no cake walk to get through any Special Forces Operations School.....Its not for women or weak men......

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My 22 year old is a Marsoc Raider, His younger brother plans to be one in the next two years...Both are now on deployment.... I dont sleep much these days, I'll be much happier when both are home.
    Theres no cake walk to get through any Special Forces Operations School.....Its not for women or weak men......
    Well you should be very proud. No dig at your son's intended. They are some of the best at the tip of the spear. I'm just alittle partial to one ;)
    And that's very right! Not for women or weak men. Not on teams

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dont think out of 100 men who graduate Ranger School only 20 would pass buds. I think thats way off.
    Buds gets more hype than it really is. And Ranger school aint no walk in the park.

Ill take 100 SCROLLED Rangers over 100 SEALs any day

Does it? I mean having known plenty of Rangers, those dues aren't slouches, and seem to be jacked whenever they come back from deployments, and shirk when back stateside (lol, no comment). But SEALS they seam jacked ALL the time. Sleep Eat And Lift seems to ring true. While both are some of the best warriors we put out, training-wise, it seems BUDs is on other dimensional type ****. Ranger School sure tough as hell, but it's still in the known universe. But that's just my opinion.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Does it? I mean having known plenty of Rangers, those dues aren't slouches, and seem to be jacked whenever they come back from deployments, and shirk when back stateside (lol, no comment). But SEALS they seam jacked ALL the time. Sleep Eat And Lift seems to ring true. While both are some of the best warriors we put out, training-wise, it seems BUDs is on other dimensional type ****. Ranger School sure tough as hell, but it's still in the known universe. But that's just my opinion.
    Ranger School isn’t producing Rangers, it’s producing leaders. The Batts/Regiments produce what TT calls Scroll Rangers, the Special Ops Rangers. Tab “Rangers” come from all over the military to learn leadership in a course. Eventually all Rangers are supposed to go to Ranger School for the tab, but the Scroll is what’s important. For the most part, most women have no business in either Ranger School or in a Ranger Regiment. The standards were lowered in Ranger School for the women to pass. Men who were kicked out didn’t have the same chance.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A "scrolled" Ranger is an actual member of the 75th Ranger RGT...which is different from passing Ranger school and getting the tab.

Both are impressive, but those with the scroll live the life...and generally, completed RASP.

75th-Ranger-300x157.jpg

ranger_tab.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A "scrolled" Ranger is an actual member of the 75th Ranger RGT...which is different from passing Ranger school and getting the tab.

Both are impressive, but those with the scroll live the life...and generally, completed RASP.

75th-Ranger-300x157.jpg

ranger_tab.jpg

Let's just say, as an Auburn fan, and a military brat, I'm well aware of the difference. Further, when I meet someone who claims to be a Ranger, my first question is "real" Ranger or a tabbed on. To their credit, tabs know better than to lie.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's just say, as an Auburn fan, and a military brat, I'm well aware of the difference. Further, when I meet someone who claims to be a Ranger, my first question is "real" Ranger or a tabbed on. To their credit, tabs know better than to lie.

...and I know better than to claim I was either.

Top Bottom