• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't plan to vote against gun rights. I refuse to play in the bathroom politics fiasco. That's a rigged game that can't be won.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You forgot the purple.

I'll be voting for anyone that runs against Pence. He's made us look like a bunch of idiots in IN for too long. He's got to go. And there's no way he'll go anywhere in a presidential election. The man is unelectable on that stage.

Pence will win easily. That is a given.

As for Pence as a politician....he's a true conservative Republican stuck in a job that has no real power. The role of Governor in Indiana is largely ceremonial, as the true power lies with the Indiana General Assembly. Pence is obviously in the job as a stepping stone to another office. At one time, it appeared that he would be a candidate for the GOP nomination for POTUS in 2016.

Indiana and the U.S. could do a lot worse than Pence. I think the long-term game plan is the Senate in 2018 (easily defeating Donnelly) and the White House in 2024 (he would be age 65 on election day.) We can only hope. The other alternative will be if the American people, once again displaying their ignorance and idiocy, allow the liberal media to con them into voting for yet another unqualified Democrat for POTUS in 2016. If so, then Pence would likely wait and go directly for POTUS in 2020.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I will be voting for Trump and for Gregg. Pence is a complete idiot that needs to be voted out. We gave him a chance and he just proved to be totally incompetent.

I'll be voting for anyone that runs against Pence. He's made us look like a bunch of idiots in IN for too long. He's got to go. And there's no way he'll go anywhere in a presidential election. The man is unelectable on that stage.

Well, color me fuchsia and sit me in the corner. I'm not surprised at the dissatisfaction with Pence, but the intensity is dramatic. Particularly in a year with so much emphasis on nose-holding-while-voting.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can't find anything that shows Gregg to be anti-gun.

I do see a lot of wanting to spend though.

He also seems to be in bed pretty heavily with the big unions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can't find anything that shows Gregg to be anti-gun.

I do see a lot of wanting to spend though.

He also seems to be in bed pretty heavily with the big unions.

He's less anti-gun that some (maybe most) Dems. About what you'd expect from a rural Indiana Democrat: guns are for hunting and plinking, so only guns that do that are ok. Of course, with the new hunting rules, he'll avoid it like a 3rd rail. Or at least, he should.

Gun rights are to Indiana Democrats what LGBT issues are to Indiana Republicans: issues best avoided.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I had higher hopes for Pence. Not a big fan of his anymore, but have a greater distrust of the Dems and their silliness.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    In a year where people are in the mood to not vote for "career politicians", to bring in outsiders, where many conservatives are looking for a third party alternative after the Trump fiasco, and the LP candidate is only polling at 2%?

That's because the LP does what it does best and put up a poor candidate. I had a friend who was very disappointed that the LP couldn't capitalize on the unpopularity of Gregg and Pence.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, color me fuchsia and sit me in the corner. I'm not surprised at the dissatisfaction with Pence, but the intensity is dramatic. Particularly in a year with so much emphasis on nose-holding-while-voting.

The same people who decry the MSM buy their criticisms- hook, line and sinker. What's more, the era of reasoned and reasonable disagreement is over. Someone who disagrees with you has to be an "idiot"....despite the fact that this person achieved more than Joe name-caller ever will in 10 lifetimes. Notice that while I disagree with Trump and the President, I don't think I've ever called them idiots. They are not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's because the LP does what it does best and put up a poor candidate. I had a friend who was very disappointed that the LP couldn't capitalize on the unpopularity of Gregg and Pence.

They really took a swing and a miss last time.

4f8d23b7d03852bbcbbedd37fdeada28.jpg

I haven't looked at the current guy. I guess I'll vote for Pense. I'm pretty sure Gregg will give us what democrats like to give us. They like to claim it's the republicans that want to focus on the social issues but Gregg's already on the record that he'll go after social issues. Meh...I'm not voting for a democrat or at least any democrat I know of at this point.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Notice that while I disagree with Trump and the President, I don't think I've ever called them idiots. They are not.

I feel the same hough...But I do like Trump...With that being said I have never called Obama, Bush, Biden, Clinton, Palin, etc...."Idiots"...That always chaps my arse when folks do that...Kut one time did a good job explaining that to someone that called Obama an idiot..Like Kut said, say what you will and disagree but the man is far from an idiot...

Christopher Hitchens did the best take down I have ever seen of that kind of talk one time...It's beautiful....

[video=youtube;PW4dYG9VjgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW4dYG9VjgA[/video]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They really took a swing and a miss last time.

I haven't looked at the current guy. I guess I'll vote for Pense. I'm pretty sure Gregg will give us what democrats like to give us. They like to claim it's the republicans that want to focus on the social issues but Gregg's already on the record that he'll go after social issues. Meh...I'm not voting for a democrat or at least any democrat I know of at this point.

The current LP candidate for governor is a now and again member of INGO, (he doesn't post much because he has a real job that keeps him outside). He's a good man and easily as qualified as either of the other candidates.

Rex Bell - Authentically Libertarian

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

The critical difference is that in most applicable instances, it is a matter of settling form someone who is not exactly one's dream candidate, in the view of many picking the least bad alternative. That is much different from being expected to vote for a man who has hauled off and kicked us in the nuts repetitively in recent memory.

Even if he's "OK" with guns, does anybody think he'll sign a CC bill or any bill that removes 'gun free' zones from anywhere?

How is that different from Pence tepidly declaring he will sign it if it hits his desk while doing everything possible to prevent that from happening? It is much like the father of the bride promising to support the marriage if it happens while quietly slipping the husband to be poison.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    He's less anti-gun that some (maybe most) Dems. About what you'd expect from a rural Indiana Democrat: guns are for hunting and plinking, so only guns that do that are ok. Of course, with the new hunting rules, he'll avoid it like a 3rd rail. Or at least, he should.

Gun rights are to Indiana Democrats what LGBT issues are to Indiana Republicans: issues best avoided.
    You have to give credit to all our politicians whether Dem or. Republican.
    Every single one of them can find an issue to turn totally stupid over.
    Anyone that thinks Gregg wont follow Dem agendas is sticking their heads in the sand.
    I do know I can't afford more Dems for a while whether it be financial or Constitutional

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You have to give credit to all our politicians whether Dem or. Republican.
    Every single one of them can find an issue to turn totally stupid over.
    Anyone that thinks Gregg wont follow Dem agendas is sticking their heads in the sand.

Yes, but so far as the few issues that really made a difference to me, Pence is doing a pretty damned good job of following the Dem agenda.

Top Bottom