• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Not the greatest ever. Also a huge whiner. Blames just about everyone but himself when he sucks. We'll see if he is the old Waterhead Manning when a game is meaningful. He'll most likely enter 1 TD, 3-4 INT mode.

When did you see him whining? Yeah, exactly. HE is a super natural beast.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    When he wins 3 super bowls, in 10 years, like Joe Montana, then we can talk about "the greatest"... I am a Peyton fan ....

Lets see,

4 time NFL MVP (no other player in history has done that), 12 pro bowl appearances, super bowl MVP, is having (so far) a NFL record setting season for QB and this in his 15th year (when most QB's have been retired for several years already), and this is not counting all the NFL records he has broken (and by most experts opinions will continue to break).

:rockwoot:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    When did you see him whining? Yeah, exactly. HE is a super natural beast.

Tony Romo chokes in regular season play, payton chokes in the playoffs and cusses out his entire offensive line for not giving him 5 minutes in the pocket against the best defense in the NFL. He's a whiny crybaby who blames everyone else. He gets happy feet when facing pressure in the pocket, and makes **** poor decisions that cause interceptions. he doesn't play well when the playoffs are on the line.

I am soooo glad I can root for the Colts again.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I'm not big on "ifs". That said, I wonder how many rings Manning would have without the pats cheating while knocking him out of the playoffs....

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I think maybe people get being the best at something and being the winningest as the same. True he's only won one ring, but I've never seen anyone throw the ball with such accuracy and control. No doubt he'll own all the records when he's done. It's like Bo Jackson being the greatest athlete ever, but has never won anything, oops , did I just start another aurgument?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think maybe people get being the best at something and being the winningest as the same. True he's only won one ring, but I've never seen anyone throw the ball with such accuracy and control. No doubt he'll own all the records when he's done. It's like Bo Jackson being the greatest athlete ever, but has never won anything, oops , did I just start another aurgument?

Hey buddy....Bo knows

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    Apples and oranges, but I've wondered if he would have had as much success in the 70's, when the rules allowed for a little more violence. I seriously doubt if he or Brady or other long-time playing QB's would have lasted as long as they have.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Sepe, did Manning pick on you in grade school?

It's football, I couldn't care less one way or another. No one will change anyone's mind. We're all right in our own heads.

Yep, he picked on me and made me shield his giant forehead from the sun. He also made me dispense tissues when he cried after losing games because he tried to force things and failed. When someone presents facts that show how horrible someone has preformed and can give examples of someone's douchebaggery, it must mean they were picked on by that person. I'm sorry, but not really, if people get butthurt because their sports hero (how pathetic) isn't what they think.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    With ALL that said.....care to make a friendly wager on his performance this post season?

I think even Waterhead would think it is a safe bet to say he'd throw at least 3 INTs and pout 10 times in the post season. Possibly blame everyone but himself at least twice, and that is if they win the Superbowl.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As I've always suspected, a sizable portion of "Colts" fans (or "Coats" as I frequently hear from down-staters...anyone sount of U.S. 30) were not "Colts" fans at all. They were Peyton Manning fans.

You all should be ashamed of the number of "18" Broncos jerseys that are sold in Indy.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've seen a lot of football since about '59 and I've seen some great QBs in my 60+ yrs. Apples and oranges. The game has changed considerably in the last 15 yrs. West coast offense, the way holding is called now on DBs, Domes, Stadiums, formations, etc. It's "For recreational use only" and to be enjoyed as amusement.
    Could Barry Sanders, Gail Sayers, Jim Taylor, etc run against these stacked defenses today? It's all changed.
    Montana didn't exactly win it all when he went to KC. Marino hardly gets mentioned, Tarkenton who?, and the list goes on and on. It takes a whole team to win it all. Heck, Baltimore and Washington have won it with "less than stellar" QBs.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    As I've always suspected, a sizable portion of "Colts" fans (or "Coats" as I frequently hear from down-staters...anyone sount of U.S. 30) were not "Colts" fans at all. They were Peyton Manning fans.

You all should be ashamed of the number of "18" Broncos jerseys that are sold in Indy.

I'm a huge Colts fan. Just wish they'd go back to being called the Dayton Triangles or at least the Baltimore Colts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If Manning/Brady were playing during the "Hay-day" of the Raiders before q-backs were treated like prom queens neither of them could make a complete season without major surgery.

Top Bottom