• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Huh? Must be quick to forget about Waterhead throwing his team under the bus when he lost games (there is at least 1 video of him crying after a game and blaming the O-line, he is lucky they're professionals or he'd have probably been picking himself up a lot more the next week). He has also ran his mouth about Vanderjagt (but since he was just a kicker, he doesn't really matter). You can see when he throws picks, he almost always blames the receiver even if it was clearly his fault. Must be quick to forget about how bad he has played in big games. His 35.5 QB rating in the 2003-2004 AFC playoff (with a lovely Tebow-esque 48.9% completion rate) with 3 INTs to Ty Law. His 31.2 rating in 2002 vs. the Jets, 2004 rating of 69.3, and 2006 rating of 39.5 (pulled off a win against a Baltimore team that really sucked that night) prove right there that he is a great QB when it comes to playoff games (or games that matter).

Watch what happens when a big game is on the line. Waterhead will try forcing plays and end up watching someone from the other team dancing in the endzone.

That must be a Family trait........Water head Jr. is suffering from that right now.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The best in football normally means best season. Payton is having a great season and the Denver folks love him. But as much as I like to see him do well, it's not hard to remember a few quarterbacks who had great seasons in Denver: John Elway & Craig Morton.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The only thing he has shown so far is that he is great during the regular season when the win/loss record matters to get into the post season. Lets see how many Manning faces we see in the post season where he is normally one and done. I cheered him on when he was a Colt because he was a Colt. I hope he comes back for a one day contract and retires a Colt. If he was the greatest, why does he only have one superbowl ring after getting to the playoffs for 10 plus years straight.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, maybe Joe Namath.....

Best ever? Way too early to tell, but there are 4 names I would put ahead of him.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Today's nascar drivers are better than Richard Petty because they drive faster.

Thanks to the "Car of Tomorrow", that's not even true.

By way of comparison, the pole speed at Daytona this year was 196.4. It was 196.04 in 1979.

The pole speed was over 200 from 1984 through 1987- peaking at 210.4 in 1987.

NASCAR has since been sanitized for everyone's protection.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Huh? Must be quick to forget about Waterhead throwing his team under the bus when he lost games (there is at least 1 video of him crying after a game and blaming the O-line, he is lucky they're professionals or he'd have probably been picking himself up a lot more the next week). He has also ran his mouth about Vanderjagt (but since he was just a kicker, he doesn't really matter). You can see when he throws picks, he almost always blames the receiver even if it was clearly his fault. Must be quick to forget about how bad he has played in big games. His 35.5 QB rating in the 2003-2004 AFC playoff (with a lovely Tebow-esque 48.9% completion rate) with 3 INTs to Ty Law. His 31.2 rating in 2002 vs. the Jets, 2004 rating of 69.3, and 2006 rating of 39.5 (pulled off a win against a Baltimore team that really sucked that night) prove right there that he is a great QB when it comes to playoff games (or games that matter).

Watch what happens when a big game is on the line. Waterhead will try forcing plays and end up watching someone from the other team dancing in the endzone.

With ALL that said.....care to make a friendly wager on his performance this post season?

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think of he can win the Super Bowl with Denver he'll be considered the best ever. Simply because no other Quarterback has been able to do that. Brady will have still won more SB but the feat of winning with two different teams will cement his position for most people. If he does not there will always be that "Brady won more SB than Manning" crowd. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Brady is a by-product of a system. Talented....yes. Not one of the best in my opinion for what that is worth.
    Well....hating the Patriots as I do may have some effect on said opinion....:dunno:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If Denver gets a SB ring, it is because they bought the players needed to get one. I bet Welker and others retire after they get one. The Colts built a team to win and doesn't need big name players. If you ask someone who isn't a Colts fan or knows much about them to name five Colts players, besides Adam V., Luck and Reggie Wayne, you won't get many who know more then that. I like it that way. They built a team to win and win often, not just a couple superbowls (hopefully).

Top Bottom