• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I certainly agree that nobody should have a right to throw you off your property that you paid for, but that's the way it is right now. I don't like it, but that's the way it is. I would rather a 1% property tax over my entire life than a 5-10% income tax hike during the time when I'm making income... You and I both know that if the system changes to no property taxes there is no way they will be able to keep the tax rate as low as it is.

I'm glad that you agree it is pure theft to throw a man off his property that he has worked his lifetime to pay for, improve, and make his. I'm just tickled to death knowing that is how you feel. I'm disappointed though that you just throw in the towel and say "that's just the way it is...".

BTW...your defeatist opinions are nothing but opinions, they are not based in facts, they are based in your feelings. If there is no property tax, then the property tax rate is ZERO...that's about as low as it can go unless the state wants to start paying me to live in my house....I'm OK with that...The people that use public services ought to be paying for public services. Anything else is just redistribution of wealth at the end of a threat.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm glad that you agree it is pure theft to throw a man off his property that he has worked his lifetime to pay for, improve, and make his. I'm just tickled to death knowing that is how you feel. I'm disappointed though that you just throw in the towel and say "that's just the way it is...".

BTW...your defeatist opinions are nothing but opinions, they are not based in facts, they are based in your feelings. If there is no property tax, then the property tax rate is ZERO...that's about as low as it can go unless the state wants to start paying me to live in my house....I'm OK with that...The people that use public services ought to be paying for public services. Anything else is just redistribution of wealth at the end of a threat.
    Dude, take your elitist bull **** and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. You don't seem to grasp the concept that nothing is free and that if there aren't property taxes they will get it out of you another way. Public education and public services aren't going anywhere anytime soon. You focusing on those things is like trying to win a war by attacking the end goal first and then going back to hit the targets you should have hit first later on. You're derailing this thread from it's intended purpose. I'm not throwing in the towel, I'm focused on more important battles. Just because I choose a different battle to fight than you do doesn't mean I'm wrong, throwing in the towel, or any of the above. Just like you accuse mine of being opinions, yours are too. That's the great wonder of a free nation, we're entitled to opinions and we're free to express them. I don't give a **** what you think, your attitude is a leach on INGO. Stop thread-jacking... if you want to continue further lets do it via PM, my site-supporter status gives me 500 messages I can have in my PM box so start venting your bull-**** now and maybe by tomorrow you can have 10% of my inbox filled up and I'll see if I can appease you with some responses.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Dude, take your elitist bull **** and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. You don't seem to grasp the concept that nothing is free and that if there aren't property taxes they will get it out of you another way. Public education and public services aren't going anywhere anytime soon. You focusing on those things is like trying to win a war by attacking the end goal first and then going back to hit the targets you should have hit first later on. You're derailing this thread from it's intended purpose. I'm not throwing in the towel, I'm focused on more important battles. Just because I choose a different battle to fight than you do doesn't mean I'm wrong, throwing in the towel, or any of the above. Just like you accuse mine of being opinions, yours are too. That's the great wonder of a free nation, we're entitled to opinions and we're free to express them. I don't give a **** what you think, your attitude is a leach on INGO. Stop thread-jacking... if you want to continue further lets do it via PM, my site-supporter status gives me 500 messages I can have in my PM box so start venting your bull-**** now and maybe by tomorrow you can have 10% of my inbox filled up and I'll see if I can appease you with some responses.

You are the only one here ranting about stuff being free. You are the only one here that even suggested anything is free. You don't like my opinions, so you just start calling me names, have a nice day, and your mailbox is safe since I see no reason to converse with you any further.

:ingo:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You are the only one here ranting about stuff being free. Citation needed You are the only one here that even suggested anything is free. Citation needed You don't like my opinions, so you just start calling me names, have a nice day, and your mailbox is safe since I see no reason to converse with you any further.

:ingo:
    See above. You're making some pretty wild claims that need evidence to back them up now.

I never said I didn't like your opinions, only pointing out that it's not the biggest cat to fry right now, it's not going to change anytime soon because of that, and no matter what happens you're still going to pay for it. Face it, public education (probably the largest portion of your property taxes) isn't going anywhere soon. You're the one that didn't like my opinion and got all ****ty about it and started making wild accusations. Back them up. But do it in PM so we don't derail this thread anymore.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Get debt free. Incur no new debt. Ala Dave Ramsey

Small overview.

1. $1000. emergency fund
    2. Pay off debts smallest to largest ( except mortgage)
    3. 6 month of living expenses emergency fund.
    4. payoff mortgage

It works!

I know. ;)

pay off debts smallest to largest?
    why wouldn't I want to pay off the debt that has the highest interest rate? isn't that going to cost more in the long run??:dunno:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    why wouldn't I want to pay off the debt that has the highest interest rate? isn't that going to cost more in the long run??:dunno:
    Yes, you should be paying highest-lowest interest rate first to save the most money.

Easy wins, frees up income, can see progress...etc.
    Yes, it gives you a way to measure your progress and keeps many people "in the game" longer. But it isn't always the best way of doing it. It greatly depends on the size of the debt, the goals of the person, the financial resources of the person, and how much different the rates were.

For example, if I have a $100,000 debt at 4.6% and a $5,000 debt at 4.5%, I will pay off the small debt just to get it out of the way so I don't have to waste a check/stamp/envelope every month and worry about making the payment. But if the rates were 4.6% and 2%, respectively, I'd be paying on the big debt.

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yes, you should be paying highest-lowest interest rate first to save the most money.

Yes, it gives you a way to measure your progress and keeps many people "in the game" longer. But it isn't always the best way of doing it. It greatly depends on the size of the debt, the goals of the person, the financial resources of the person, and how much different the rates were.

For example, if I have a $100,000 debt at 4.6% and a $5,000 debt at 4.5%, I will pay off the small debt just to get it out of the way so I don't have to waste a check/stamp/envelope every month and worry about making the payment. But if the rates were 4.6% and 2%, respectively, I'd be paying on the big debt.

I paid down using a hybrid model, paid some lower ones off to free up income then went for larger rate ones.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Hopefully it's all the same. If your highest rate is on the largest principle, you've done something terribly wrong.

Anyway, paying down debt can be about cash flow as much as it is about saving money.

Paying down the small debts first can be very beneficial, as it allows you to compensate for unexpected expenses or increases in costs of consumables.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hopefully it's all the same. If your highest rate is on the largest principle, you've done something terribly wrong.
    With the exception of student loans in most cases...

My wife has 2 loans remaining. One is 3% and one is 5%, both are around $12k principle left... Her student loans were all over the board on rates, from 3% to 13%... needless to say we got rid of that 13% BS asap when I graduated and money started rolling in.

Top Bottom