• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    recently i herd (warning strictly speculation).... that they are going to micro chip the bullets so that when they extract the bullet from the body (or w/e its in) they can scan it and find out who purchased it by credit card

Just think about the COST of "microchipping every bullet." They're going to put a computer chip in each of the millions of rounds fired every day at firing ranges in the hopes of tracking the hundred or so used in murders each day??????
    I think the word the OP was looking for was "micro-stamping", not micro-chipping. There was a bill in California a couple years ago that was proposed to micro-stamp ammunition, but that bill didn't go anywhere. Yes, it would be cost prohibitive. Yes, a mangled bullet fragment pulled from a body wouldn't help police track down the purchaser of the ammunition. Yes, a shot fired from a revolver would still contain the case so there would be nothing for the police to investigate in relation to ammunition.

driver4562

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    West side of Indy
    depends... did big brother bail out you cc company... then yes for sure.

if not then it just takes a little longer...
    with cash there is nothing that links you directly to the transaction except the video tape and a time stamp... again takes more time to do that.

one idea would be to get a one time use debt card and a cc with an alias and use the debt card to buy ammo and recharge it with the alias cc.

other thoughts have someone else buy ammo for you...

Flyfishtrip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Westfield
    Those black helicopters can track anything! Foil hat or not! I was told by my barber that the vertical strips in all of the new paper bills was so that B-2 bomber could track your cash. You might as well give up and use the credit card that gives you the most cash back.

Dr_O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    Didn't we used to have to sign for certain types of ammo back in the 70s?

I seem to recall having to sign for .357 ammo much like you do today for cold medicine.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    rofl.... everything... I heard they are going to hire an agent to follow every box of ammo

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The gooberment has more to worry about right now then what consumers are purchasing. I personally use cash, cc or or barter to buy ammo. Honestly I am not worried about the guy or gal buying a case or even a pallet of ammunition. They obviously have a reason that they are buying that much. I am more worried about the guy carrying an empty magazine into the gun store and asking for a refill.

Regarding microstamping, why not? While we are at it we can make the bullet lead free and reusable. Then if we shoot one and don't like where it goes we can just pick it up and try again. Kinda like a mulligan in golf. I also think they should put additives in the gun powder that makes it smell like lilacs. You know the stuff that reduces green house gases and makes the eggshells of birds thicker. Then we can help the environment with every shot.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Try 10%, including military, police, and public school system. Where the heck did you get your outrageous number?

And they are in arms over Wikileaks because of "classified" documents that got leaked, and many other documents that may implicate US officials (and powerful business people) in questionable activities.

I don't think it's questionable activities implicating US officials as much as putting lives at risk in both the military and intelligence communities... It's like to publishing a list of every undercover police officer in the united states... Believe it or not, there is some information that not every Joe on the street needs to have access to... :patriot:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I don't think it's questionable activities implicating US officials as much as putting lives at risk in both the military and intelligence communities... It's like to publishing a list of every undercover police officer in the united states... Believe it or not, there is some information that not every Joe on the street needs to have access to... :patriot:

I dont believe it., because it simply is not true. Governments should be transparent. Nothing dangerously confidential was released, and the cables were held for months before they were released. They knew about the leak long before it was published, and if they did nothing to protect anyone that may have been effected, that is a mistake on the government's part. The only ones genuinely effected were effected because of mistakes and improper procedure. No one has died because of it, if someone had you know they would use that to crucify Bradley Manning.

When you shroud an entity in secrecy, you remove a huge element of public oversight. There are very, very few times when the government or police forces should be operating in secrecy.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    big brother can monitor me in any number of ways. my taxes, the BMV, my 4473s, my LTCH, my CC statements,my phone, the interwebz, etc.

If the government is going to watch me, paying cash for ammo ain't gonna stop 'em. lolz

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    I am not sure I worry about the Government tracking me. They already know what firearms I have so who cares if they know I bought 100 rds of 9mm.

It is the advertising and marketing companies that do most of the tracking everyone seems to be worried about. They look at your purchases to see what marketing to focus toward you specifically. So don't think that your purchases aren't being tracked. So I guess you should or shouldn't use your CC to pay for ammo/firearms based on whether you want or don't want that data to be harvested with all your other purchases you make on a daily basis.

Also I have a friend that works in a media buying company he said they had a marketing company come by and show how they were using GPS data from Cellphone companies to target advertising specific people. Using that data instead of demographics.

A lot of things to make you want to put your foil hat on....

Top Bottom