• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    My wife is an asst. manager at a Wal Mart, from what she has told me (when I asked the same thing)...Wal Mart is the largest gun retailer in the US.
    They have trouble keeping guns in stock at the stores that do carry them, let alone every one of them.
    Also some towns have two or more Wal Marts, in that case depending on how close the stores are to one another they tend to sell guns out of one location.
    I'm sure there are other reasons like "Whitsettd8" mentioned above.

For what it's worth the Super Wal Mart in Goshen, IN has recently started selling "modern sporting rifles" & had a DPMS Sportical in the case earlier this week.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    No Walmarts in Fort Wayne area carry any guns other than pellet or airsoft. Why do some Walmarts carry guns and others don't?

I have been told (by manager buddy at plainfield) the reason some carry firearms and some don't is a population and distance thing. They don't offer firearms in highly populated cities or certain radius of populated cities.

Wal-Mart don't sell guns in "Metro" area stores, such as Indianapolis, Avon, Plainfield, Ft Wayne.

But rural stores do carry them, such as Crawfordsville, Greencastle, Brownsburg, Linton, Terre Haute.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    How are you guys getting these at WalMart? I have been trying for 2 weeks and can't find any rifles in stock. I am in Danville and can try Greencastle or Brownsburg. Give me a tip, what is the trick? PM if you want to.

Thanks!

AK471025

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Just bought a colt 6920 at the gun shop for $1100 after tax. Deals can still be had, you just got to find em. I found that most of the deals are in small town gun shops. Here in ft wayne, the gun shops in the middle of the city are ridiculously over priced most the time.

Top Bottom