• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • valmoth

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My prognosis is we should see the supply/demand issue get back in balance by the summer. If you have the patience, I would do what you did, and wait.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Is there really a difference between a Colt and a Bushmaster? I cant speak about the last ,say 10 years quality.But I bought a couple of each several years ago, and actualy one of the Bushmasters out shoots the Colt all day long. Both function flawless,quality seems equal. Only difference was price.
    I was like you back in the day, had to have that Colt.

Only to AR snobs who like to **** on what others own to try to make themselves feel superior.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Nothing wrong with having both. You could try and go get it and save for that colt again and pick it up later if they don't find a way to ban them. That way you got one if they do. Just my 2cents.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Thanks all for the comments.

This one was available at the WalMart in Warsaw (Northern, IN). I know they're continuing to come in at various WalMarts throughout the region. So much of it is being at the right place, right time.

And ultimately I'd like to have a couple of AR's. My thought was given my budget if I could only get one I'd spring for finding a Colt somewhere, somehow. It did cross my mind to pick up the Bushmaster and relist on Gunbroker to make a few hundred bucks but I didn't want to mess with the hassle.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Thanks all for the comments.

This one was available at the WalMart in Warsaw (Northern, IN). I know they're continuing to come in at various WalMarts throughout the region. So much of it is being at the right place, right time.

And ultimately I'd like to have a couple of AR's. My thought was given my budget if I could only get one I'd spring for finding a Colt somewhere, somehow. It did cross my mind to pick up the Bushmaster and relist on Gunbroker to make a few hundred bucks but I didn't want to mess with the hassle.

AR prices on GB are tanking. I watched a colt sell for 1400 yesterday. Not many ARs are selling for big money anymore. The only one that i have been interested that is bringing a lot is a OLY UBR 22-250, but I can wait for that one.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    *** UPDATE ***

Today, called and then went back to the SAME Wal-Mart and they had a Colt in! Picked it up faster than you can imagine. Was priced right around $1100. Colt LE 6920. I'm so excited right now.

I'm not calling it divine intervention that I didn't buy yesterday, but someone somewhere was looking out for me!

Now, to get started customizing! Any recommendations?

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I had the same dilemma a week ago. I did a rain check on a Bushmaster back in December and Dunham's called last week and said it was in. I have a 6920 and an RRA so I thought. Do I want to spend money on a Bushmaster? I decided for $799 why not!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    *** UPDATE ***

Today, called and then went back to the SAME Wal-Mart and they had a Colt in! Picked it up faster than you can imagine. Was priced right around $1100. Colt LE 6920. I'm so excited right now.

I'm not calling it divine intervention that I didn't buy yesterday, but someone somewhere was looking out for me!

why did you spend 1100? The Bushmaster is the same gun from what I read in this thread.:n00b::laugh:

Seriously, shoot the heck out of it and then change what you dont like.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Wait and buy what you want you will just regret it in the long run. Then you'll probably sell the bushmaster for a loss to buy your colt.

Last edited:

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    *** UPDATE ***

Wait and buy what you won't you will just regret it in the long run. Then you'll probably sell the bushmaster for a loss to buy your colt.

This is why I try to read the thread before I post. :laugh:
    Congrats on the Colt.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    *** UPDATE ***

Cool! See, the wait was worth it. Even though it was only waiting 24 hours. :laugh:

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    No Walmarts in Fort Wayne area carry any guns other than pellet or airsoft. Why do some Walmarts carry guns and others don't?

Not sure why... you can always call them ahead and they'll tell you whether they sell guns or not before you go. Will save you the time.

Also, when you go in and start asking around they'll usually give you a good idea of when to call each day for when their truck comes in. If you're like me, I just schedule a 10 min appointment in my phone every day at the same time to call them, and be ready to run out when you hear the news.

Beyond that, it's all luck.

Good luck to you all! :ingo:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    *** UPDATE ***

That's awesome... agreed with others, no need to pay $1k or more for something other than what you want.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    No Walmarts in Fort Wayne area carry any guns other than pellet or airsoft. Why do some Walmarts carry guns and others don't?

I was told it's the Managers discretion and I was also told that most that don't have gotten in trouble with the ATF or at least that's the case with the New Albany IN walmart. Like I said I was told I can't back it up with fact and probably wouldn't bet on it.

Top Bottom