• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    My Flame-Suit is firmly on (it's snug but my ass looks great in it). But before you fire away, keep in mind a couple of points: 1. I don't set the BA Degree requirements, my client does. 2. I don't set the wage requirements, my client does. 3. Bad Karma will be on your head for every snarky, snide, and silly comment you make (or even think about). I'm simply trying to put an employment opportunity out to any INGO member or their friends and family, who may need it.

Details:

Location: NW side of Indy. No work from home, all work is done on-site.

Requirements: Bachelors Degree or higher. Discipline or institution doesn't matter. We have people with double Masters from MIT in Mathematics and Science, and people who just got a degree from IUPUI. We even have some people from lesser schools like IU.

Hours:
    two shifts available: Days, 8:30am to 4:30pm, Mon. thru Fri. or, Nights, 6pm to 10:30PM, Mon thru Fri. No weekends and we expect/need you to be here every day of the project.

Assignment Length:
    May 1st to June 5th. (also another project from June 6th to June 20th, same hours and shifts available)

Pay: $11.05 per hour

Type of work: Grading standardized student tests (not from Indiana; two other states), from grades 4 thru 10. Sit-down work, quiet, pleasant environment. All work is done using computer so basic PC skills needed.

Likelihood of being hired: If you have a clean criminal record (for at least the last 7 years), and you provide proof of a valid degree. then you have the job. You'll need to come to an orientation (held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 1:30 pm and 5:30pm) to complete a ridiculous amount of paperwork. You'll spend and hour and a half to two hours in my pleasant company.

Referral Bonus: After you're hired, recommend the job to a friend, family member, even an enemy, and if they complete the project, you'll get a $40 bonus. (no limit on the number of people you can refer)

Perks: Did I mention that you'll spend and hour and a half to two hours in my pleasant company?

PM me for details.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Grading standardized tests, heh? I could really make a case for poor government school education as the grader of those test, couldn't I? :D

Frankly, $11/hour sounds pretty darn good for a temp job where one sits on one's arse all day.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    If my new full time job didn't require me to stand on concrete for 9 hours a day along with dealing with large masses of the public, which in turn hurts my knees and exhausts me, I would totally bite on the evening hours.... :/

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Requirements: Bachelors Degree or higher. Discipline or institution doesn't matter. We have people with double Masters from MIT in Mathematics and Science, and people who just got a degree from Ivy Tech. We even have some people from lesser schools like IU.
    Bachelor's from Ivy Tech? :dunno: Or do associates degree's qualify, in which case I can put it to a few sources more local than I who may enjoy the temp work?

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Bachelor's from Ivy Tech? :dunno: Or do associates degree's qualify, in which case I can put it to a few sources more local than I who may enjoy the temp work?

IMO, an Associates would suffice. However, our client insists on a BA or higher.

One important question. Can the successful applicants carry on the job?

The first rule of Fight Club is, you don't talk about Fight Club.

I would hope these people have the answers to the tests they are grading, so i gotta ask. Why are the degrees necessary?

Yes, you have a scoring guide and a rubric to follow. A degree is a requirement of our client. Their house, their rules.

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    $11.05 for a job requiring a bachelors degree? That company ought to be ashamed of themselves.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    $11.05 for a job requiring a bachelors degree? That company ought to be ashamed of themselves.

For grading? What exactly are they producing that has a return value on it? it's a job, and coming this summer a lot of college kids just getting out of school may need a transition job.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    For grading? What exactly are they producing that has a return value on it? it's a job, and coming this summer a lot of college kids just getting out of school may need a transition job.

I think hes meaning it the other way, like its not a lot of money when you require a BA. I understand, at least its a job to fill the gap, but requiring a BA for a job like that seems a bit excessive. :twocents:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I suppose if the pay is insultingly low for the degree requirements, then they will have difficulty filling the positions.

I suspect, though, that they will have plenty of applicants. New grads, second jobs, semi-retired folks, un- or under-employed, etc...

After all, we are still talking about $2300 (gross) in 5 weeks.

Top Bottom