PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    We seem to be throwing a lot of shade on a new guy who is following the rules as I understand them. He joined, became a site supporter and is advertising an offer to buy in the classifieds. Guess I'm not understanding what the issue is here.

Don't we want new members sho seem to understand the rules and seem to be abiding by them?

Don't we want new site supporters?

Seems liek we should be welcoming the new guy and trying to get to know him before scoffing.
    My sincere apologies to the new guy.

Hawkeye, you are of course correct. And my apologies to you also.

It’s early n I’m not fully aware of the day yet.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    @Hawkeye

I get what you are saying, but it is pretty difficult to get to know someone that only has one post in the classiest.

You cannot respond to him in that thread.

He didn't post an intro post so we can all welcome him.

At this point all we could do is PM him and all he seems to want is responses to his classified ad.

If you have suggestions please post them.

I do not want to run anyone off, but how will someone that seems to be for only one reason become a part of the community?

@marcm1059 if you read this please post an intro post, so we can welcome you and get to know you.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hey why we getting on a guy's case for wanting to offer up his "Like New” 15 year old belly gun with the blue worn off and grips full of mudd? I'm sure he would sell it for a reasonable deal slightly more than MSRP.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    @Hawkeye

I get what you are saying, but it is pretty difficult to get to know someone that only has one post in the classiest.

At this point all we could do is PM him and all he seems to want is responses to his classified ad.

I do not want to run anyone off, but how will someone that seems to be for only one reason become a part of the community?

@marcm1059 if you read this please post an intro post, so we can welcome you and get to know you.
    @2A_Tom

I'd say give him a break. No need to jump in here with the shade. Send him a pm? Let the Mods deal with it? Wait to see what he does?

He's paid to post and is following the rules. Cut him some slack?

Exercise some patience?

I dunno. If he comes for the classies, maybe he'll stay for the fellowship. If not, he's paid his money.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    @Hawkeye

You have the right to not deal with him. Posting about someone in this thread is really just a personal attack because you do not approve of how they chose to participate here.

It's up to Texkev and the mods to decide who is allowed to be part of the community, not the rest of us.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Sorry to annoy anyone with recently joining and becoming a site supporter to post about a 380. I didn’t know what all this site had to offer. I will be looking into the site more once I’m off of work today so I can learn more about it. Hope for acceptance!
    Hello n Welcome to INGO, please accept my sincere apologies for my previous snarky post.

Thats to everyone.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sorry to annoy anyone with recently joining and becoming a site supporter to post about a 380. I didn’t know what all this site had to offer. I will be looking into the site more once I’m off of work today so I can learn more about it. Hope for acceptance!
    Hello and welcome! Thank you for supporting Indiana gunowners.

We were all new once here, this is a big dysfunctional family, so you have to bear with it sometimes.

But it’s OUR big dysfunctional family!

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    That's why you report posts rather than trying to publicly shame people. Let the mods take care of it if it needs attention.
    But we all know that isn't any fun, and since church was canceled today due to the weather I've got to have an avenue to get the devil outta me this week...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    @2A_Tom

I'd say give him a break. No need to jump in here with the shade. Send him a pm? Let the Mods deal with it? Wait to see what he does?

He's paid to post and is following the rules. Cut him some slack?

Exercise some patience?

I dunno. If he comes for the classies, maybe he'll stay for the fellowship. If not, he's paid his money.
    And I didn't say anything bad. You must not have really red what I said.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You have the right to not deal with him. Posting about someone in this thread is really just a personal attack because you do not approve of how they chose to participate here.

It's up to Texkev and the mods to decide who is allowed to be part of the community, not the rest of us.
    Again, I just re-read my post and I didn't say anything. Bad about the guy all I said. Was it's hard to get to know a person when they only have one post in the classified.

And I politely ask him to post an intro thread so we could get to know him.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am not annoyed with you in the least bit.

I was responding to people who said it's wrong to post about you.

As far as I can see you're doing everything fine.

The only thing I see that could be improved is if you were to post an introduction thread.

We are a community and it is good to know the people that are in the community. It will also make it more likely that people will deal with you.

I am happy that you have joined and become a site supporter. We need people like you. And I hope we get to know you and possibly meet you someday at a Meet and Shoot or a Meet and Eat.

Thank you. Tom 2

ETA Oh,
    :welcome: 2 :ingo: from  NWI

Last edited:
    Top Bottom