Parkland Student Kyle Kashuv Subjected To Intimidation By School Admins & Police

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So it's okay to call the police on a kid getting into a van. Because one drove into a crowd.

There is no anti van movement I am aware of. I don't think there are millions of Americans who've never driven a motor vehicle and have an irrational fear of them.:dunno:

There IS an anti gun movement. There ARE millions of American who have never held or shot a gun, many with an irrational fear of them who are not necessarily against them.

In a community that just went through what this one did, this kid's actions will move many from the not necessarily against them category to the anti side.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There is no anti van movement I am aware of. I don't think there are millions of Americans who've never driven a motor vehicle and have an irrational fear of them.:dunno:

There IS an anti gun movement. There ARE millions of American who have never held or shot a gun, many with an irrational fear of them who are not necessarily against them.

In a community that just went through what this one did, this kid's actions will move many from the not necessarily against them category to the anti side.

Well, we need to stop allowing them to set the battlefield.
    A car kills you, you are just as dead.
    It is still a mass, times a velocity, equals a kinetic energy.

It's only "different" because they say it is, and we let them.
    It's only "different" because they drive cars, and are familiar with them. So they stop accepting that vehicles are DANGEROUS. yet they are.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Add ghuns to the esteemed group of the blue-checkmarked lawyer and MSD teacher who claim ignorance of any difference between Kyle Kashuv posting pictures of learning firearm handling and safety at a gun range, under the supervision of his father, and the MSD murderer who posted pictures of his guns while making explicit and implied threats to others.

I guess you missed the part where I said, It's easy for us, on a gun owners forum 1000 miles away, to look at the kid's post and see that this is not that.:rolleyes:

I get it. You get it. But there are people in that community who don't. People who just saw 34 kids shot. Beating them over head with our rights, safe gun handling practices, and the finer points of a real assault weapon vs an AR-15 does NO good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I guess you missed the part where I said, It's easy for us, on a gun owners forum 1000 miles away, to look at the kid's post and see that this is not that.:rolleyes:

I get it. You get it. But there are people in that community who don't. People who just saw 34 kids shot. Beating them over head with our rights, safe gun handling practices, and the finer points of a real assault weapon vs an AR-15 does NO good.

Then start calling for their cars to be banned.
    How many people here can say they know of people injured or killed, or witnessed the same, by a car/truck?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, we need to stop allowing them to set the battlefield.
    A car kills you, you are just as dead.
    It is still a mass, times a velocity, equals a kinetic energy.

It's only "different" because they say it is, and we let them.
    It's only "different" because they drive cars, and are familiar with them. So they stop accepting that vehicles are DANGEROUS. yet they are.

Okay, this is something that belongs on the list-o-stuff that makes you too ignorant to discuss guns. If you say, "But that's different because cars werne't designed to kill people." that makes you too ignorant to join the discussion with the adults. 100 million gun owners use their guns to kill people less often than car owners with cars. Dead is dead.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Okay, this is something that belongs on the list-o-stuff that makes you too ignorant to discuss guns. If you say, "But that's different because cars werne't designed to kill people." that makes you too ignorant to join the discussion with the adults. 100 million gun owners use their guns to kill people less often than car owners with cars. Dead is dead.

Okay. I read the first line and I was.. WTF :xmad:

Then I read the rest.

Guy at work asked me, how many guns do I have.
    I said, more than a few, less than a lot. Or something like that.
    He said he thought I should only be "allowed" a pistol and a long gun.

I asked him how many cars he had.
    I said I thought he should only be allowed a car and a truck.
    He said, his cars NEVER killed anyone.
    I told him, NEITHER HAVE MY GUNS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. I read the first line and I was.. WTF :xmad:

Then I read the rest.

Guy at work asked me, how many guns do I have.
    I said, more than a few, less than a lot. Or something like that.
    He said he thought I should only be "allowed" a pistol and a long gun.

I asked him how many cars he had.
    I said I thought he should only be allowed a car and a truck.
    He said, his cars NEVER killed anyone.
    I told him, NEITHER HAVE MY GUNS.

Well. I figured we weren't using bold text anymore to say what we're talking about so...

You should know that I use "you" rhetorically very often. Sorry about the ambiguity. Wouldn't want you to be triggered. :stickpoke:

Seriously. Yep. That guy is too ignorant to join in a discussion about guns.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well. I figured we weren't using bold text anymore to say what we're talking about so...

You should know that I use "you" rhetorically very often. Sorry about the ambiguity. Wouldn't want you to be triggered. :stickpoke:

Seriously. Yep. That guy is too ignorant to join in a discussion about guns.

I use bolded or italic'd, sometimes both.
    I buck the trends.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I disagree. It does a lot of good - especially when done by one of the victims of that atrocity. That victim is asserting that the weapon is not the problem - that it is merely a tool used for good or for evil, according to the intent of the person wielding it. That victim is asserting his own right to armed self-defense, and declaring that he will be a safe, responsible, member of society who henceforth refuses to be a victim.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't bold stuff or use purple, so.... I would feel like I am underestimating the brilliance of the INGO participants.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't bold stuff or use purple, so.... I would feel like I am underestimating the brilliance of the INGO participants.

If something is really nuanced such that it's really likely for my meaning to be taken wrong, I'll use purple. Those are very rare circumstances. Usually if people can't figure it out I'm being sarcastic, or joking, they probably spend their whole life offended.

But I do often bold text if it's not that obvious what I'm referring to. And I meant to bold the reply to Act. Because it's easy to take it to mean the whole post rather than just the guy Act was talking about.

Also. I like to go into great detail about trivial side-issues in threads.

No bold text was used in this reply.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    He posted pictures and video of himself with, what I'm guessing, is a rented firearm, combined with positive talking points. The absolute horror. I'm pretty sure the next person doing finger guns will get an even sterner talking to. They'll continue ignoring actual threats, though, so that their funding for decreasing the school-to-prison-pipeline isn't put in danger.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If something is really nuanced such that it's really likely for my meaning to be taken wrong, I'll use purple. Those are very rare circumstances. Usually if people can't figure it out I'm being sarcastic, or joking, they probably spend their whole life offended.

But I do often bold text if it's not that obvious what I'm referring to. And I meant to bold the reply to Act. Because it's easy to take it to mean the whole post rather than just the guy Act was talking about.

Fixed

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Is this really a thing now? How long have members been bolding text from posts they are quoting?

Top Bottom