I-get-around
    7F6CF772-1374-4CE4-9D56-141E077C008B_jpeg-771623.JPG

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I've only found this in one place, off the beaten path so-to-speak. Google didn't turn up anything pro or con regarding the source. Can our resident Frenchman comment on this?

https://kollmanreport.com/2019/01/07/france-gun-confiscation/

I've also heard that the yellow vest protests are gaining momentum and that there has been basically a Europe-wide news blackout on protest reporting for a week or two now...if that's true then the above may be plausible.

ETA: an example of the ongoing protests that haven't gotten much reporting.

https://bintroo.com/france-yellow-vest-protesters-storm-ministry-in-paris-news/

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've only found this in one place, off the beaten path so-to-speak. Google didn't turn up anything pro or con regarding the source. Can our resident Frenchman comment on this?

https://kollmanreport.com/2019/01/07/france-gun-confiscation/

I've also heard that the yellow vest protests are gaining momentum and that there has been basically a Europe-wide news blackout on protest reporting for a week or two now...if that's true then the above may be plausible.

ETA: an example of the ongoing protests that haven't gotten much reporting.

https://bintroo.com/france-yellow-vest-protesters-storm-ministry-in-paris-news/

It's a fake news/fake letter.

The Minister of the Interior Tweeted about it.
    Nobody is going after the millions of legally owned firearms.

The second story is true.
    Some yellow vests protesters stole a forklift and breached the gate of a politician's office.

DwK7s7XWsBE-26I.jpg

640_000_1c0090.jpg

They then used the same forklift against a local bank.

des-manifestants-ont-utilise-un-engin-de-chantier-pour-defoner-la-porte-et-s-introduire-dans-la-cour-du-ministere.jpg

A car parked in the courtyard was also vandalized.

DwK7s7RX4AUpBPJ.jpg

It was widely reported in France.
    The politician said his bodyguard rushed him outside of the building and they left the building.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm curious about the absence of generalized looting like we have here in the states and wondered if it is happening and just not making the news. Here it seems that even short term and local issues that get a protest riot started often involve store looting, but I'm either missing it in France or maybe it's not there even though this is a national issue.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm curious about the absence of generalized looting like we have here in the states and wondered if it is happening and just not making the news. Here it seems that even short term and local issues that get a protest riot started often involve store looting, but I'm either missing it in France or maybe it's not there even though this is a national issue.

I haven't seen much looting.I think they rather destroy stuff.

They mainly attack public buildings and banks.
    Stores secure their windows with plywood and close when there's a protest planned.

f053c2f_3902ebaec4d24b209203ab5b190b77c9-3902ebaec4d24b209203ab5b190b77c9-0.jpg

They often just break windows.

An Apple Store was looted some days ago.

830x532_apple-store-rue-sainte-catherine-vandalise-8-decembre.jpg

apple-store-bordeaux-casse-gilets-jaunes.jpg

7969176_f566821e-ffc3-11e8-b338-759f7363a654-1_1000x625.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Prime Minister Philippe said the gov. is backing a new law to punish those who do not declare their protests in advance, those participating in unauthorized demonstrations and those who arrive wearing face masks. They also plan to ban known troublemakers as they do football hooligans from stadiums.

80,000 security forces are being deployed for the next expected wave of protests.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Prime Minister Philippe said the gov. is backing a new law to punish those who do not declare their protests in advance, those participating in unauthorized demonstrations and those who arrive wearing face masks. They also plan to ban known troublemakers as they do football hooligans from stadiums.

80,000 security forces are being deployed for the next expected wave of protests.

Most of those things already exist.
    It's already illegal to hide your face in public and you need to delcare protests in advance.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess they will really mean it this time.:dunno:

Yeah it's silly.

It's hard to enforce that law anyway.If you're wearing a scarf over your face during the winter you're breaking the law.

I think you are allowed to cover your face while driving, even though you will probably get pulled over if you wear a balaclava.
    Or walk into a bank wearing a full face mask.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The Interior Ministry estimated 84,000 protestors nationwide. Up from 50k last weekend; it's not getting smaller. Mostly peaceful though which is a plus.

13 Jan Macron published a letter announcing a 3 month national debate, promised to listen to new ideas...but said he wasn't going to change any of his policies. Typical elitist response, oh, you're angry? Here let me explain it to you better so you'll understand why your wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Paris was a place you could hide away, if you felt you didn't fit in
    French police wouldn't give me no peace, they claimed I was a nasty person
    Down along the left bank, minding my own
    Was knocked down by a human stampede
    Got arrested for inciting a peaceful riot, when all I wanted was a cup of tea

Top Bottom