• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    While it may not be a screaming deal by the time you add the rest of the needed components to complete the upper, they are "in stock". I've gone back and forth over buying the PSA M4 upper for a month now.

Was trying to find a Spike's Tactical M4 to go on my Spike's lower build.
    You can't find a Spike's upper any where in stock, if you order, you wait months.
    The few I've seen have had the prices inflated so much that I just shake my head and pass them by. There is one still "new in the bag" on a major AR15 forum EE. Guy wants $650, and it's just the standard M4 upper with no rear sight.

So after you add the price for a rear sight, BCG, and charging handle on the PSA, you still come in less than anything else out there on the market right now.

But, if you have a well stocked Box-O-Parts like I do ;) $299 with free shipping is a heck of a deal to put together another upper :D

These are sitting here waiting for the upper to arrive.
    Magpul MOE handguard
    LMT FA BCG
    milspec height carry handle or I have other iron sights...
    charging handle

P1160196.jpg

this is the lower it will all be going on

Spike'sTactical lower, ST receiver extension kit, ST Battle Trigger
    BCM GunFighter Grip Mod1
    Magpul CTR and BAD lever.
    RRA lpk other than the trigger group and KAC ambi selector.

spikeslowerbuild.jpg

now to wait a few weeks for the upper to arrive....

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Was trying to find a Spike's Tactical M4 to go on my Spike's lower build.
    You can't find a Spike's upper any where in stock, if you order, you wait months.

AGS Armament & Consulting has them in stock right now. They are an IN based company and a site supporter. Not sure if you want to cancel your PSA order, but you'd certainly have your upper from AGS in your hands before you'd have your PSA. I'm only mentioning this because even though I like to assemble my own rifles, I like all the parts to be of the same manufacturer.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for the link, will keep them in mind for later, (googled them and bookmarked the page) but all I needed was a barreled upper to put on this lower. Heck all I really needed was a barrel, I've got uppers in the Box-O-Parts too. :):

Matching manufacturers parts don't mean anything to me, I pick and choose what I want/need when I'm doing a build.

The only rifle I have with parts all from the same company is my Colt. Even it was a build. I don't have any "store bought" rifles.

Still even after you add the price of a BCG and CH to the PSA, it is still about $100 cheaper than the price of those Spike's uppers, also without IN tax and shipping. Is the Spike's $100 better than PSA?

Excuse my ramblings, just putting my thoughts down after going back and forth on this for a month. I'm in no hurry, I can wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive. It's not like I don't have an AR :):

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks for the link, will keep them in mind for later, (googled them and bookmarked the page) but all I needed was a barreled upper to put on this lower. Heck all I really needed was a barrel, I've got uppers in the Box-O-Parts too. :):

Matching manufacturers parts don't mean anything to me, I pick and choose what I want/need when I'm doing a build.

The only rifle I have with parts all from the same company is my Colt. Even it was a build. I don't have any "store bought" rifles.

Still even after you add the price of a BCG and CH to the PSA, it is still about $100 cheaper than the price of those Spike's uppers, also without IN tax and shipping. Is the Spike's $100 better than PSA?

Excuse my ramblings, just putting my thoughts down after going back and forth on this for a month. I'm in no hurry, I can wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive. It's not like I don't have an AR :):

I've not had any first hand experience with PSA yet but I know Spikes makes good stuff. If I didn't know better I would say my rounds are coming out of my rifle on cruise control to the target! Read a lot of good stuff about PSA but like I said no first hand experience. :twocents:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    M4 Optic Madness - 16'' CMV Chrome-Lined Stripped Upper - without BCG or charging handle - Barreled Upper Assemblies - AR-15

Would that be a good choice to start building a first AR with? It's the one that comes with a Vortex Strikefire for $100 more than the one mentioned in the first post. It seems like I could get at least that much if I decided to see the red dot.
    You could do that. If you wanted to sell the red dot i'm pretty sure those Vortex Strikefires are going for about $169 brand new.

If you did it right you could basically get the same upper as the M4 madness deal for even cheaper.

It would all depend upon how much luck you have selling the Vortex. You could even sell it for $150 and still be $50 ahead.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Of course you can always find cheaper stuff. That doesn't always mean the different items are comparable though.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It would all depend upon how much luck you have selling the Vortex. You could even sell it for $150 and still be $50 ahead.

I've been watching the EE on arfcom on these. They aren't selling until the price gets down close to $120 or less.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've been watching the EE on arfcom on these. They aren't selling until the price gets down close to $120 or less.
    Yeah, that's why I put it all depends on how much luck you would have in selling it.

I still think it's a decent deal even if you kept it. A nice M4 upper with a pretty good red dot for only a c-note more.

Top Bottom