• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Got UPS tracking info today, upper will be here tomorrow. Ordered June 6th, at my door on the 15th :rockwoot:
    Wow, I better check my email. I placed an order on the 6th as well. Although I don't think we ordered the same thing. I believe you got in on the M4 madness deal.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, no go for me yet. My order was a little bit more involved though.

A complete upper with BCG/CH and a premium Light profile barrel.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    SDcard for camera to a dump, better pictures when I get a new one.

Out of the box this upper looks good to go, Mueller Brass (square forge code) M4 feedramps, aligned perfectly with the M4 barrel extension. F marked front sight base.
    Upper has T marks but no white fill, no big deal, I don't need them to know where my sights go.

I lubed and installed a charging handle, LMT FA BCG, P&S M4 RAS, and mounted a carry handle. Put it on my Spike's lower and she's ready to rock. :rockwoot:

IMG_20120615_175642.jpg

Last edited:

MarioMarietta

Marksman
    Rating - 96.9%
    61   2   1
    Apr 20, 2010
    Clinton Indiana
    We at M&S Armament are selling Doublestar complete uppers complete with BCG and CH for 400$ these are just as good or better the the PSA uppers and were a small company and appreciate your business.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Very nice! Now you know you have to create a range report on this rifle.

ask and ye shall receive :D

Hot today, 94 degrees. Made the 8 mile trip to the range at about noon. A few people on the 25, and a few on the 100.
    I setup on the 50 to get a 50 yard iron sight zero with the new build. A little bit later a couple of others also setup on the 50 so all shooting was done from the bench.

Had lubed up last night with Frog Lube so just tacked up the targets and began shooting.
    Ammo was a mixture of Wolf polymer and lacquer coated steel case. Oh the noes! steel case Russian ammo in a new rifle :):
    Made a couple of adjustments, a few clicks up on the front sight to lower the impact and a few clicks left on the rear carry handle. Nothing real exciting happened, went boom each time I pulled the trigger, cases ejected, BCG locked back open when mag was empty. Ho Hum. :yesway:

Total number of rounds fired was 150. Got home, wiped out the barrel extension, wiped down the BCG, and relubed with Frog Lube. No detailed cleaning, just a quickie clean. :cool:

IMG_20120616_132720.jpg

IMG_20120616_132715.jpg

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    I've used the lower parts from PSA but have yet to pull the trigger on an upper. I have this odd fear that I'll buy one and get out on the range and just have malfunction after malfunction with steel cased ammo. I say that because I'm spoiled by my BCM's and their ability to eat everything after a DPMS that was a princess when it came to ammo and demanded the best, lol. But seeing all the pro posts and the above post about steel cased I'm seriously considering it.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I know it is a sample size of one, but everything was done correctly on my upper. Barrel extension properly aligned with the upper receive, FSB is straight, and the A2 flash hider is correctly timed. A minor scuff where the FSB was installed, so I'm guessing it is parkerized underneath.

I installed a LMT BCG and a charging handle I had in this upper so I have no experience with the BCG of CH that PSA sells. Time and more rounds through this upper will tell the story about these but right now in todays market these $299 uppers are IMHO a great value. Add the BCG and CH of your choice and you are ready to drop this upper on to you complete lower ready to :rockwoot:

PSA M4 upper specs.

Barrel: 16" Chrome-lined, chrome moly vanadium. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a carbine-length gas system. The M4 profile barrel is high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected and then phosphate coated to mil-specs. Barrel is finished off with an F-marked front sight post with sling swivel, standard handguards and an A2 flash hider.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and a mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer

Last edited:
    Top Bottom