• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    :rockwoot:Wow....I'm getting the feeling that we should organize an INGO paintball outing......

I played regularly for a while 10+ years ago as a teenager. Nothing serious. 2 years ago I picked up an Invert Mini in an effort to get back to it.....I took the marker out twice and it's been sitting there ever since.:dunno:.....I'd be up for some friendly games;)

As I read through this, this is exactly what I was thinking.

There's a decent paintball place off 67 just north of Martinsville called Gator Joe's I used to play all the time. They had a team called the Insta-Gators years ago...maybe still do - I dunno. I haven't paintballed in years.

I would *really* be up for an INGO paintball outing when it gets warmer!

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    That field is no longer Gator Joe's , Chris Herring owns it now and renamed it back to its original name Paintball Indiana.. Great Field.!!(i may be biased). I am sure Chris would let us scheduled an INGO outing there..!!! Anyone remember teams Thunderstruck,,Sewer Rats,, Spectre...!!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anyone remember teams Thunderstruck,,Sewer Rats,, Spectre...!!!

Thunderstruck! Man, that takes me back. When I played for Team Carnage Inc. at Purdue, we'd go up to Sherwood Forest and scrimmage with 'struck on a fairly regular basis. A couple of our guys even ended up playing for them on the NPPL circuit.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Why is this thread making me think of West Side Story? Jets and Sharks meet in an alley off 38th street with thier paintball guns and have at it. No protective gear, no Ref's, just guns and dogs.

Could be fun to do paintball down by the river. I drive by it all the time on my way to the range.

TargetIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Wow, lots of familiar people in here! I'd be happy to have you guys come down and play sometime. We can set up something in March or April, if you'd like.

Robo, you better make it down for this one. I haven't seen you in years! I'll even try to get Aardvark down for it.

For those who haven't been down to Paintball Indiana, check out the Paintball Indiana website

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Don't they use paintball (simunitions) in training..???

We did some "training" (if you want to call it that) using paintball. It does teach cover and concealment, team movements and whatnot but no, it doesn’t resemble real world combat. Now we did use the MILES gear while firing blank rounds at each other that "somewhat" had a real effect to it. The only problem with that is the equipment had a hard time staying attatched to the rifle. We comprimised by using ducktape but later learned ducktape melts when the barrel gets hot.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Someone said a while back that Team Wiseguys is still around in some form or another :dunno: Weren't they pretty much an AKA factory team?

Small world; I remember both. I used to play on Team DNA with Chris Herring (formerly of Jokers Wild) and still talk to him on an infrequent basis. The Voils boys from Team Wiseguys are/were members here.

Dan is good people. Last I knew he was running Indy Extreme on the North Side.

:rockwoot:Wow....I'm getting the feeling that we should organize an INGO paintball outing......

I played regularly for a while 10+ years ago as a teenager. Nothing serious. 2 years ago I picked up an Invert Mini in an effort to get back to it.....I took the marker out twice and it's been sitting there ever since.:dunno:.....I'd be up for some friendly games;)

I decided to get back into it with some of my cousins and friends as they are getting into it. I unpacked a box several months back that has my acid washed AKA Excal.....now that is a gun!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Weren't they pretty much an AKA factory team?

Yeah, Wiseguys were an AKA factory team, along with DNA (the team Chris and I played on) and a few others.

acid washed AKA Excal.....now that is a gun!!

And a collectors' item! BTW - if you like the gun, drop a note to fellow INGO'er akaindy; he's the guy who designed it and most of AKA's other paintball products. See, the world's just getting smaller and smaller! ;)

Being a factory team guy back in the day, I had an Excal and a Viking; I actually liked the Vike better. Sold it years ago when I got out of the game. I still have a bag of my old PB stuff up in my attic somewhere – including, I think, a functional WGP Ranger pump. :fogey:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Yeah, Wiseguys were an AKA factory team, along with DNA (the team Chris and I played on) and a few others.

And a collectors' item! BTW - if you like the gun, drop a note to fellow INGO'er akaindy; he's the guy who designed it and most of AKA's other paintball products. See, the world's just getting smaller and smaller! ;)

Being a factory team guy back in the day, I had an Excal and a Viking; I actually liked the Vike better. Sold it years ago when I got out of the game. I still have a bag of my old PB stuff up in my attic somewhere – including, I think, a functional WGP Ranger pump. :fogey:

AKA products are top notch. Its a shame that SP had to be.....well i'll keep it friendly.

A buddy had two different Vike and I did like them, just has heavy :) Well except one was a half mill. I like the Excal because of the closed bolt, I am a cocker lover but for a non cocker, excal gets my vote.

I'm going to have to send AKAindy a Pm because he is a genious!!

My fist cocker was actually a bob long cocker, extremly old school that was once Rod's from Gator Joes. That thing was sweet, ugly as sin and heavy, but worked great. I then traded that for an e'blade, bougth a fireball mountain cobra cocker body, put a sidewinder and lightning bolt and lightning valve on it, Strapped a Halo B to it and rocked it.

I'll have to grab some pics of the Excal and I think I still have some of the said cocker.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    here is the Cocker I built. I should have just bought a Merlin but oh well.:D

CockerLeft.jpg

CockerRight.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My fist cocker was actually a bob long cocker, extremly old school that was once Rod's from Gator Joes. That thing was sweet, ugly as sin and heavy, but worked great.

I owned "several" markers over the years. Very first was a Razorback pump (12-gram!) when I was like 15 or 16. Then I went to a WGP Ranger, which I played with for quite awhile, even after the semi-autos started to really come on the scene. First semi was an F1 Illustrator. In college I played with a 68 Automag, then got into a Palmer Typhoon. Also had a couple different AKA 'cockers during that time, and played with those until I joined DNA and we became a factory team, and I moved into the Excals and Vikings.

Last game I played was when an old friend from a previous team invited me down to his property in Spencer to play a pick-up game against his stepson and one of his friends. Scott and I used our pump guns and let the kids run the high-tech semis... we beat their butts handily, but man did we pay for it the next day! :fogey:

That must have been 2002 or 03, but it seems like a million years ago.

BaconGrease

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow. Hearing some of these names and paintball teams are bringing back some old memories for me as well. As a matter of fact, I just pulled a Crosman 3357, Taso spartan, and a couple of Tippmann smg-60's out of my storage and am in the process of selling them.

I used to play on a rec team with Shooter521 way back in highschool days.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Wow, lots of familiar people in here! I'd be happy to have you guys come down and play sometime. We can set up something in March or April, if you'd like.

Robo, you better make it down for this one. I haven't seen you in years! I'll even try to get Aardvark down for it.

For those who haven't been down to Paintball Indiana, check out the Paintball Indiana website

Awesome......:rockwoot:...I'll keep my eyes peeled in the INGO events section. I have a few buddies that would be down also.

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    i recetly in the last yr got into speedball. i think paintball does give you some training in these kind of situations. u learn to pay with and listen to your team and look for lil signs as to where the opposite team members r hiding. if you even want to go play we go to the indoor paintball plex just north of ft wayne

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    How many of you played in the ICC tourny's..??? Do you remember.. Depraedari,,,Killer Bees,, How about playing at the Splatter Zone..!!! Oh' the memories..!!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How many of you played in the ICC tourny's..???

:wavey:

How about playing at the Splatter Zone..!!! Oh' the memories..!!!

First place I ever played. I was maybe 15, and went with a bunch of high-school buddies. Markers were Tippmann SL-68s with the 40-round ammo boxes. I was hooked instantly. I also played regularly at an outdoor field near New Palestine whose name escapes me (BaconGrease, do you remember?) around that same time, and later, in the woods behind the self-storage place off 136 in Speedway.

I'mma throw down some more team names I remember from back in the day: Black Reign, Bear Force, Sewer Rats, Lynch Mob, Headhunters, Indy Magic... Then I'mma stop, cuz y'all are making me feel old(er). :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom