• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad C.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Martinsville
    Whoa lots of familiar names being thrown around. Don't think I'm as old as you guys though...:D

I've got an early (EARLY) model viking somewhere around here...I'll have to dig that thing out and see what the serial number is. I didn't know they stopped producing them... Not that it's worth anything, just cool.

Anyway, I'm down. Haven't played in probably 7 years. Gonna have to get my old tanks tested...

If you decide to sell it let me know.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    i play quite a bit, then and now, but i think that it doesnt relate to any real scenario in life, paintball you are typically rewarded for being "gutsy" and heroic, well in real life i dont know , but i wouldnt think so

i mod my paintball stuff like i do my guns, they hardly look like what they started as , nice little hobby if you have people to play with

cendsley87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    I used to play paintball in tournies, I wish i still had the money to play. I think it might help train you somewhat in team play but using it as training with real guns would depend honostly on the type of paintball, playing in the woods would probably be more helpful to tactical training than just field play with bunkers.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'll be damn, a paintball thread. I quit when I got out of college (3 years ago) and haven't played since. I used to play for the Purdue team and went to world cup at Disney once or twice. We were great the first two years I was there, and not that great the second two. I played with Tommy and the guys who ended up starting and currently on Indianapolis Mutiny. I was never a star but I always had a good time. Expensive though for a college kid! We were sponsored by Rockstar so we had all of that we could drink. Made for some interesting nights where you stay up all night on Rockstar then try to play the next day. Good times, good times.

My wife actually started the girls team at Purdue called Harem. She had a great time and somehow that hasn't translated well into real guns. :dunno:

I would like to play at an event but I don't have any gear anymore at all. Maybe I"ll pick it back up someday.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Like others have said its a game...I doubt u, in real life are going to be shooting as many shoots as possible as fast as possible at a person...you would need to conserver ammo...unless, god forbid, the zombies attack then i would say paintball would be a very good training simulator:rockwoot:

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I've played both Paintball and Airsoft and it is my opinion that airsoft is more valuable as a training tool. Even in woodsball(paintball) the team tactics, movement, and use of particular types of firepower weren't there.

In milsim games in airsoft you will encounter sniper rifle/DMR platforms that can hit you from 100yds and you don't even hear the round being fired at all. Also the weapons are very realistic in operation and many are 1:1 ratio, hell I have two airsoft rifles that are HPA and both have a functioning bolt design that actually causes recoil.

Then when you get into the more serious milsim events like Operation Irene hosted by Lion Claws that has been held at both MUTC and Zussman along with their new urban training facility on Ft. Knox called Anaconda, as well as private fields like Springfield Ranch which is used as a training facility for HRT and has some of the best kill houses in the midwest. You don't get the level of immersion in paintball that is possible in airsoft, and that is the biggest difference to me.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Having played Competitive paintball for 10 years with teams FallOut, 260 HateKrew, and Fort Wayne Edge, I've kinda gotten bored with it. The adrenaline rush is still hard to beat, even shooting USPSA and 3gun now, it still takes alot to beat the rush from a damn good Xball match. But 2008 and 2009 kinda killed it for me, between just getting screwed over by various teams and mostly team managers, it just wasn't fun anymore. 2005 when my team FallOut was playing in the CTS league around the State, that was the most fun I've ever had. Never won an event, but 2nd and 3rd places were where we usually placed. The game changed from being about fun and competition to being about money and who got paid for and who had the best places to go for practice.

hem_ker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Plymouth
    Appreciate the perspective here gents. Good to hear from you guys who've "been there". Helps to tailor any misconceived notions (which I'll admit I've had to this point). Thanks!

Top Bottom