• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thank you everyone for all the input. I really appreciate it. I am leaning toward the Sig currently, if I can find one for the right price. Hopefully something good shows up for me at the 1500 this weekend. Cash in hand and prepared to sleep on the couch for the following month.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I used to have a beretta 96 with a hogue grip on it and boy oh boy did that thing fit the hand good. I do think that beretta was the easiest gun ive ever had to take down.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I used to have a P228 (wish I never got rid of) and currently have an M9. I love both pistols. I do like the control placement on the SIG better, but I feel like I'm more accurate with the M9.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    Sig - better feel and balance for me, experience may have biased me though (is that wisdom?... topic for a different string). i have 7K+ rounds down a P226 Special Ops/Blackwater in it's first 9 months of life (+P, P+P included) its been a beauty on every shot. i would approxiamate 500 rounds thru the 92... but thats just me. I have heard great things about the CZs though, just no experience there.

try to shoot all three, even if you have to rent, then make your choice. the few extra bucks to try them will likely save you moolah down the road. unless you just buy the P226, then you should be happy. ;)

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    Sig 226.

Both are reliable and accurate. You can't go wrong with either, but I definitely prefer the Sig. Factory trigger on the Sig is better, controls are more accessible (for me anyway), I never really liked the open-top slide concept on the Beretta. Probably would never happen in real life, but I would be afraid of dirt/mud/whatever getting all up around the barrel and jam things up. Like I said, probably unrealistic, but it's still in my brain.

Go the the P226, add a 92FS down the road if you still have a craving for one. Personally, I think if you get a 226, a 92FS will get lower on your radar. If it works out for you like it did for me, getting a P226 will make you want a P228, P229, P239, P220, P225, etc. :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of either. The Sig is over priced and over rated in my opinion. My FNP feels very similar, does the same job, and can be had for cheaper. The 92FS is a good gun and built like a tank. I own one, (limited edition gift from my Father), and I carried one in the Coast Guard. My bigest complaint is the grip is to big. That, and they are a little big for carry. My :twocents:

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Gotta throw my hat in the ring with the CZ guys.....

In fact I just picked up a new CC...in the form of the sub-compact alloy CZ 2075....

6970618951_02a697aa90_z.jpg

If CZ isn't an option....I say SIG as well.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I appreciate everyone's input. After doing a little more reading and handling some of my choices, it became a no brainer me. I ended up going with the Sig P226 TacOps version, due to the beaver tail, short reset trigger, 4x20rd Mags, and the amazing feel in my hand. I have put a good amount of rounds through it this past weekend, and have never shot better with a 9mm. I love this pistol, my wife however..not so much :)

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    :postpics:
    I appreciate everyone's input. After doing a little more reading and handling some of my choices, it became a no brainer me. I ended up going with the Sig P226 TacOps version, due to the beaver tail, short reset trigger, 4x20rd Mags, and the amazing feel in my hand. I have put a good amount of rounds through it this past weekend, and have never shot better with a 9mm. I love this pistol, my wife however..not so much :)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Congrats on the Sig. I prefer the P226/228 over the 92F Series and I've shot plenty of both. I'm curious if you ever handled the CZ75? I know they are hard to find but just curious if you did and your thoughts on it. I think you'll enjoy your Sig and be pleased with it's performance and quality.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on the Sig. I prefer the P226/228 over the 92F Series and I've shot plenty of both. I'm curious if you ever handled the CZ75? I know they are hard to find but just curious if you did and your thoughts on it. I think you'll enjoy your Sig and be pleased with it's performance and quality.

Thank you sir. I have never handled the CZ75, but was trying to prior to purchasing this piece, just to give a it a fair shot. As I have heard good things about them, plus the price tag would have been nicer. I am still on the hunt though for a nice compact 9mm now. So maybe I'll check out that one in the compacts.

flukose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Those were the two exact guns I was looking for this weekend as well. I did find one used 226 that I liked, but felt that the price was a little high. I have shot the 92FS and enjoyed it. Glad you found your 226, I will still be searching for mine!

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Beautiful pistol! Personally. I've owned A LOT of berettas and carried one on duty and loved it. The 226 is also a great pistol, but the price always seemed high for what you got. If price was no option, I'd go with... BOTH! Good choice!

Top Bottom