• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smhall3212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    my girlfriends father just pick her up a p22 we got firing it first clip no problems second clip it fired the chmbered round and then nothing she chambered the next round bang then nothing this continued thurout the afternoon, any one have any ideas on what is going on her brother thought we should get high velocity rounds, we were just using winchester white box any help?????

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Change ammo.... I agree with the brother you need either a high or hyper velocity round in those. Bulk ammo will give you FTE,FTF issues all day long. A buddy of mine's wife has one and she ran out of ammo at the range so I gave her a box of federal bulk pack and she hated me for it. Change the ammo and try again.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Yep, CCI all day long. Made the mistake of match and other ammo and had all sorts of failures. Back to CCI and back to "blam - blam - blam" without any problems.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    While it's not the source of this problem, be aware that you need to lube that gun. Mine fails like clockwork when you run it dry. Lock the slide back, flip the gun upside down and put a few drops near the hammer, so the oil gets on the inside of the slide. Also, a small amount on the feed ramp works great. For the feed ramp, I dab a little on my pinkie finger and apply that way, as you don't want so much that you'd get it into the barrel. If you use that method, be careful for sharp edges.

Your issue sounds like light primer strikes, so the advice that others have offered about switching ammo is a good idea. Federal bulk works well. In general, Federal primers are known to be "softer."

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Seems to be hit and miss on P22's. Mine will feed anything at all. I agree with Josh, though, that you need to lube the crap out of it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    If he got it used he may need to do a complete tear down not just a field strip.After 3000 rounds or so it needs to be done.Mine started to have the same problem and completely stripping it down to the firing pin fixed it.At ton of cooper and brass build up eventually behind the firing pin.:twocents:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    +1 on the high velocity ammunition, such as CCI. I learned long ago that any semi-auto pistol or rifle I have ever owned. Will not cycle cheap ammo worth a damn. CCI mini-mags, or stingers is what I recommend.

Top Bottom