• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Well, I recently moved to southern Indiana, so I've been checking out the local gun shops since I am now away from my beloved Bradis (yes, that was a totally shameless plug :D ).

111 Guns in Clarksville IN looked the most promising so far (decent prices, and AK stuff!). However, I read this article yesterday, and now I'm thinking he lost my business before he got it. It just doesn't sit too well with me.

The News and Tribune - Owner of Clarksville gun shop pleads guilty to residential entry in Floyd County

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    But if you want a handgun it has to be shipped to an FFL in Indiana.

Actually there is a local FFl who goes to Whittakers every Saturday afternoon and brings back IN residents purchases. You pay Whittakers and do the transfer at the IN FFL's storefront. Charges like $10-15.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Actually there is a local FFl who goes to Whittakers every Saturday afternoon and brings back IN residents purchases. You pay Whittakers and do the transfer at the IN FFL's storefront. Charges like $10-15.

You know Jim too?:)

Super nice guy. Everytime I go pick up a handgun from him I end up BSing with him for 45 minutes.

He's also a retired sheriff, so if you ever had any questions concerning a certain law or such, he can usually help you out.

If you don't have time to make it over there and need something that doesn't require a 4473, you can arrange something with Jim and Darryl(owner of Whitakers) and Jim will pick it up for you at no charge.

BTW, it's a flat $10.00 for transfers always.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    You're a couple of hours closer to Whittakers Guns (AKA The Temple of Gun Lust) in West Louisville, KY! :rockwoot:

Just so there is no misunderstanding, Whittakers is NOT in West Louisville Ky. They are at 6976 West Louisville Ln. in Owensboro Ky. Quite a difference.

On the subject of 111 Guns, this is not the first irregular incident associated with the owner. Anyone willing to deal there had better take a strong dose of CYA. Good luck.

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bought mt PT111 there, was thinking of buying there again, but after reading that, I think I will take my buisness to a more reputable place.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Just so there is no misunderstanding, Whittakers is NOT in West Louisville Ky. They are at 6976 West Louisville Ln. in Owensboro Ky. Quite a difference.

On the subject of 111 Guns, this is not the first irregular incident associated with the owner. Anyone willing to deal there had better take a strong dose of CYA. Good luck.

LOL...yeah...about two hours... :)

So...what else has the guy done?

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    LOL...yeah...about two hours... :)

So...what else has the guy done?

I dont really know of anything he has done per say ..
    And i have bought guns there in the past and may in the future .(a deal is a deal )lol

The problem i have with 111 is the way they talk about other shops ,,
    I mentioned another shop in there one day talking to a friend who was with me , The owner interupted me and my friend telling us how we would get ripped off at all the other shops .
    I took offense to it 1 for him interupting a conversation that had nothing to do with him , 2 . for downingg shops that I have personal friends working at ..
    I told him how I had heard the guys at Kieslers send people to him if they knew he had an item someone was looking for , but then I told him that I would let them know how he talks about them as I walked out his door :patriot:

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Not long after he opened he agreed to sell a rifle on consignment for an individual and took it upon himself to sell it for much less than originally agreed upon and then blame it on someone else. A search on AR15.com will reveal many pages on this incident and more. There have been other different incidents also, most of which can be confirmed through local sources. There are too many reputable folks in the business, in the area to take a chance on such shenanigans.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    Got to love our justice system. Guy gets charged with B felony burglary & takes a plea w/ the chance it can be dropped down to a misdemeanor plus allowed to keep his shop.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I hate to hear this, I've bought several guns there, and they have always been pleasant to deal with. found some good deals there. I've never dealt with the owner personally.

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    This is all just shocking to me. I have a friend who talks about 111 constantly (he's an Indiana resident) and he's always had nothing but good things to say about the place. I'm sure he'll be extremely disappointed to hear about this.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've purchased from them in the past. They usually have the best prices on firearms around, but everything else was always as (or more expensive) than everywhere else. They have some good people working there, and I'd hate to see the owners actions cause them hardship... it's a tough call for me as to whether I'll buy for them in the future. My experience has been that ALL the local shops "bash" each other to some extent.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I can't say I approve of his actions, but I have bought several firearms from this shop. They always have the lowest prices, and have always worked with me if they didn't. Despite this situation I will still use 111 Gun Shop as my primary source of in town sales.

Top Bottom