• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Is there a link somewhere to the auction? I checked the Owen County Sheriff's page and couldn't find anything, and my google-foo sucks.

Thanks!

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    How about pics of the truck. Standard/extended cab? Long/short bed? Engine size? Mileage?
    Standard Cab 4X4 Long bed
    It has the 318 motor.
    Mileage is 175207.
    It's not a cherry by any means, but its run pretty decent around the parking lot. It was a seizure that we got and it sat in the impound lot for several months. We put fresh gas in it with some heet, octane booster and a good battery and its fired right up. I tried the 4x4 tonight and it worked pretty well in the snow. Would make a great work/farm truck for someone. That's about all we know about it.
    Heres some pics;

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Is there a link somewhere to the auction? I checked the Owen County Sheriff's page and couldn't find anything, and my google-foo sucks.

Thanks!

There's not a link yet. We've passed the information on to the auctioneer that is doing the sale for us, but I don't think he's got it posted yet. As soon as he does ill post the link.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There's not a link yet. We've passed the information on to the auctioneer that is doing the sale for us, but I don't think he's got it posted yet. As soon as he does ill post the link.

Hopefully is not one local auctioneer, who shall remain nameless, that charges a highway-robbery-worthy "buyer's premium." Keeping an eye on this one. Thanks for the heads up.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Hopefully is not one local auctioneer, who shall remain nameless, that charges a highway-robbery-worthy "buyer's premium." Keeping an eye on this one. Thanks for the heads up.
    Negative. There isn't a buyers premium that I know of. Only additional cost will be a transfer fee to the FFL dealer doing the transfers.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    One is a Yamaha Grizzly 600. Not sure on the year. We've used it for the Dept the past few years. We're trying to get a VIN assigned to it before the sale. It had the numbers ground off of it when we got it. After exhausting all efforts to find the owner of it, the courts granted it to us.

Theres a Honda 400EX that I don't know the year.

Theres also an older Kawasaki Mule that I don't know the year of either.

The grizzly ran great last time I used it last summer to look for a missing elderly man. I'm told the mule is running pretty good too. Not sure on the 400 EX.

Ill try try to get some pics and post them later.

As I stated earlier, we are still trying to get a VIN assigned by the BMV for the Yamaha. There is a possibility this one will not be sold as we may not have the VIN assigned by the day of the sale.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Pregunta

Is there an FFL on site and is the 4473 Transfer included in the price ?

My attendance is Weather Dependent. Many Thanks for the 10-43

The fee for the FFL transfer is $20 per transaction. It doesn't matter if you buy 1 gun or 6 guns, the fee is $20.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I went to a police gun auction once.
    There were enough clueless bidders that bid the prices up above what a new one would cost that we walked out laughing.

Top Bottom