• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I didn't even bother. Heck. I didn't even bother participating in the pre-show threads. The 1500 is a cluster%@#k and has been for the last half dozen shows if not more. I swore it off right around this time last year. My blood pressure is high enough. No reason to deal with all of the unwashed idiots - especially given the fact that I can buy pretty much anything I want for less money elsewhere.

Unwashed idiots? Maybe you should not bother in the post-show threads as well. Sorry folks, but snobs rub me the wrong way. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I went Saturday afternoon and had a great time. Met some friends, bought a few things, enjoyed talking with people. Sure some of the aisles were crowded but I wasn't in a hurry. Where else can you go and see the variety of merchandise (and people too)?

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    He's got kids, and he's taking the time to get them involved in the shooting sports, his stroller has the right-of-way with me. :yesway:

Ive got kids, and have taken them to gun shows too. I have taken all three of my daughters, and my son. Never in a stroller, if they're that young chances are they will never remember it, Anyhow. I have nothing against taking kids to a gun show as long as they mind their manners, and the parent keep a watchful eye. The problem I have is this. It's the 1500 you know there's gonna be a ton of people. You know the isles are going to be crowded. Yet people still bring strollers with them. It's not the zoo, and it's not the mall. If you have that small of a child carry it. Leave it at home find a sitter. I will give a person with a stroller the right of way every time. I get tired of having them bashing into the back or side of my heel, or running over my foot. This happened to me several times, several different show including yesterday. Non of them apologized, one of them even looked at me, and just kept on going. Didn't say a word, nod, anything. They are a big PITA!

Same thing goes for the guy's who bring the huge back pack's. I mean really? What are you doing camping under the bridge on Fall Creek? Packing your lunch? Got your kid stuffed inside? :D

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Unwashed idiots? Maybe you should not bother in the post-show threads as well. Sorry folks, but snobs rub me the wrong way. :twocents:

Expecting people to practice basic hygiene is not being a snob; we are not living in a third world country (yet). In past shows I had people pass by me that almost made me throw up they were so ripe. This is one of the reasons I quit going to the 1500 unless I absolutely need something I can’t find on-line. When you add your gas, parking and admission fee you have to spend some bucks before you start saving money as most of their prices there are nothing to write home about.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Originally Posted by bman1962

I assume you douche before you go... :yesway:

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    well it sounds like today was as bad as yesterday forgot somethings at a friends booth but he can put then in the mail ,he said at 9am it was packed as far as strollers go as a parent our children have the right a way if you are a parent you will feel the same way give our kids the right and the freeedom to go with thier parents to a gun show ....REMEBER THEY ARE OUR FUTURE AND YOU WHO DISAGREE ARE THIER PAST

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana

Snobs? Who's being a snob? If you can't afford to bathe, you probably don't need to be blowing money in a gun show. Three hours into a Saturday of the 1500 and the building smells like a homeless shelter.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Snobs? Who's being a snob? If you can't afford to bathe, you probably don't need to be blowing money in a gun show. Three hours into a Saturday of the 1500 and the building smells like a homeless shelter.

I could not make it at all so maybe after your description of how it was I owe you an apology. I do agree with your statement above.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I got in about 9:30 this morning and the number of people there was OK up until about 11 when it was starting to get packed again. When I left at about 12 it was quite crowded and I was glad I was getting out of there.

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Three hours into a Saturday of the 1500 and the building smells like a homeless shelter.
    This^^^^

as far as strollers go as a parent our children have the right a way if you are a parent you will feel the same way give our kids the right and the freeedom to go with thier parents to a gun show ....REMEBER THEY ARE OUR FUTURE AND YOU WHO DISAGREE ARE THIER PAST
    Not This^^^^

Got there at noon and it was much better than noon yesterday. Still to many strollers and plenty of stinkers. Sold a gun for way less than it was worth and bought one for more than it was worth.:n00b: P-mags for 12$ was cool.

Top Bottom