• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • choppers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I went on friday. Got outta work a little early but still got to show 45 min after it started and was shocked to see the line wraped halfway around the building. No way i was going on saturday!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I love the 1500, but according to the posts, the crowds have been crazy the last 2 days. I think I'll stay home today and plan on visiting my favorite gun store later on.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I agree with the previous posts about long gun barrels in your face, especially when they have the For Sale flags on them. I also had problems with backpacks. Some were so oversized that they were sticking out into the aisles as deep as another person.

People need to be alert in crowds like that. It's like driving in busy traffic. Your lack of attention of your surroundings affects other people. Too many people we waiting for their friends right at the busy tables. Not looking at anything in particular, just standing there in front of what I wanted to see. I also saw several people that stopped to have conversations in the most inconvenient locations.

Maybe they should have one-way traffic on each aisle. People could move at a leisurely pace along the tables and the middle could be for passing. I know this seems a little ridiculous, but I think it does make sense if they insist on having such narrow aisles.

Sorry for all the *****in', but I don't want to go back on Saturday afternoon again. Sundays have always been better as far as the crowds go.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I got there today at 9:00 and left at 11:30. By the time I left it was packed again.

I bought some accessories and talked to the guys at the USPSA booth. No gun purchases today. Just too crowded.

MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    Yes it was way crowded. I had more trouble with people that were trying to sell long guns... hello, watch your barrel! Saw more than a couple people get whacked with a stray barrel.

I got whacked in the head with a crossbow some guy was carrying. :xmad:

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I got hit with a crossbow too, could've been the same guy. Also got hit in the eye with the barrell ofa 12 gauge some guy was carrying, bacpacks were ridiculous too, I got hit with quite a few of them. I did end up buying a 308, but the crowd was ridiculous and saturday was definately more frustrating than enjoyable,

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    I have cut down to one 1500 show a year for many of the reasons listed in this thread. The Fair Grounds are in the getto, parking is a long walk and $$$, to crowded to be enjoyed with the narrow isles. Man I wish the promoters would seek a better venue!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I was planning to go down today after Church with a friend until he called and said he was sick and wanted to pass. Sounds like long lines, crowds, and basically we didn't miss much. I was on an optics mission for a fixed power bench rest scope and ammo.

Thanks to the Ingo community for the great info. :ingo:

Carry on... There is always the spring time show.

I was looking forward to seeing the Ingo booth.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Freedom has nothing to do with it. They are a huge PITA, and a burden in large crowds. Not to mention they are a pain in the heel. ;)
    He's got kids, and he's taking the time to get them involved in the shooting sports, his stroller has the right-of-way with me. :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I didn't even bother. Heck. I didn't even bother participating in the pre-show threads. The 1500 is a cluster%@#k and has been for the last half dozen shows if not more. I swore it off right around this time last year. My blood pressure is high enough. No reason to deal with all of the unwashed idiots - especially given the fact that I can buy pretty much anything I want for less money elsewhere.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    He's got kids, and he's taking the time to get them involved in the shooting sports, his stroller has the right-of-way with me. :yesway:
    Anyone see the stroller rolling around today with a rifle or two sticking up through the "handlebars"? Too funny! Heck with the kid, I got STUFF to carry!

Nice to see so many parents bringing their kids along.

Streakyzero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We got there around 9:00am on Sat. and we had everything we needed and headed out around noon. It was without a doubt the most crowded show I have been to. It wasn't even enjoyable! When we were leaving there had to be at least two or three hundred people outside waiting to get in! They need a bigger space to have the show!

Top Bottom