Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Today I got an email from a friend to this link:

Glock Saftey - forum.Saiga-12.com

10832_1162105697765_1381519105_30370978_5543938_n.jpg

Anybody notice any similarities with this:

The Malabar Front

VanGuard1.JPG

If you read the first thread you can see it is that Kydex knock off company that tables at the 1500 that is doing the theft of my design. I'd rather not give them any publicity in this thread.

The truly sad thing is that they don't even get important design elements correct. How are you supposed to get this thing off one handed if the string breaks?

This is the latest in a long string of designs they have "borrowed" from Raven and other companies. To me it's the most obvious ripoff and hits the closest to home. I ask INGO members to question them about their business practices at their table at the next 1500.

Yesterday I saw Nash Gun Worx thread about leaving the business because people were copying his work and undercutting his prices. Folks, THIS is what is driving away innovation and the desire to bring new products and services to market.

Please don't give ripoff companies any of your money and encourage your friends not to either.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I hate to say it, but if you haven't patented it there isn't much you can do but be mad and trash talk the competition. I'm not just speaking out of my a$$ either, I own a company that has been first on several designs of products and most of my competitors have similar products that came shortly after. Welcome to the free market.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I hate to say it, but if you haven't patented it there isn't much you can do but be mad and trash talk the competition. I'm not just speaking out of my a$$ either, I own a company that has been first on several designs of products and most of my competitors have similar products that came shortly after. Welcome to the free market.

I don't think he was meaning for anyone to do anything in a legal sense, just see this ripoff for what it is and not patronize their business. It's sad that people have to live off coat tails...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    One other problem is that the copiers often concentrate on delivering a cheaper version and don't put in the proper design/testing effort, resulting in an inferior product. There was another thread mentioning a AD from a SmartCarry holster clone (ouch!). I did some further reading and it turns out that the cheap clone was much thinner than the SmartCarry which allowed the trigger to be pressed though the holster.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I don't think he was meaning for anyone to do anything in a legal sense, just see this ripoff for what it is and not patronize their business. It's sad that people have to live off coat tails...

I know, I just was commenting that there's not much that can be done other than letting folks know. I've had a bunch of my designs ripped off by my competitors, so I sympathize with him.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    thanks for posting this Shay, I saw one that BigCraig had and meant to ask where he got it.

That'd be perfect for my G27 cargo pocket carry.

sorry d-bags are stealin your ideas.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Sorry to hear about the rip. When I owned my own toolshop and chinese molds were coming in for repair and they were the same parts we quoted and didn't get, I got so angry I wanted to refuse to work on them, but I worked on them and charged a premium because..... basically I could. The part the purchasing people didn't realize is that complex custom tooling can't be made, or fixed, or repaired by unskilled workers. Now fast forward some years and companies are buying molds from china and getting close to what they want, but lots of US businesses are down the tubes.

Sorry about the rant.

Did you all see the ripoff warning on Leupold products? They have been getting counterfieit stuff in for warranty work and it isn't theirs! Check their website if you have any questionable stuff.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Raven makes some really great stuff. The "Other guys" at the show have some pretty bad stuff on their table. I am a big fan of stopping by and asking them if they meant to copy the Raven Stuff 100%? And just tell them that they fell a little short.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    As the Indy 1500 approaches, I wanted to remind you all to support Raven Concealment and not that other ripoff Kydex holster company.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As the Indy 1500 approaches, I wanted to remind you all to support Raven Concealment and not that other ripoff Kydex holster company.

Amen.

I will show my support by buying a Phantom and some mag pouches. Maybe even a VanGuard. :yesway:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am glad to get this information. I am also glad that I got the right one from Raven for my wife's snubbie. She calls it her snubbie's thong.

Top Bottom