OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would love to dig into that old Pioneer, but my main bench is set up for loading 9mm right now. I have a lot to load.
    Other bench, set up for quick grab household tools, is piled high with boxes.

At Daughter's push, she and Wife are redecorating with fall/Halloween things. My one rule regarding pulling stuff down from the attic is to have only one stack of boxes in the walkways.

"Can I use your other bench?"
    I love my daughter!

*deep, manly, heavily bearded sigh* OK ...

That's what's happening with the small bench.
    Fiance wanted to try to make candles and I wanted to try stsined glass.

Got her a small setup on my hard top tool chest which is a perfect height for her.

She snuck out one night to try the glass and has taken over all of it.

Now she wants more space. Best I can come up with is buying a shipping container and using that for storage.

Maybe then I can have a work bench again

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Cousin has a gas stove with 6 burners... its not very fine control and 2 of the burners will absolutely singe your eyebrows when you turn them on.
    Have they tried to adjust the burners? On alot of models if you pull the knob off, there is a screw inside the stem the knob slides on. Can adjust flame there, again on many types maybe not theirs.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Cousin has a gas stove with 6 burners... its not very fine control and 2 of the burners will absolutely singe your eyebrows when you turn them on.
    Wife has always hated gas stoves. I grew up with butane or natural gas.

Place where my dad lived last had free natural gas forever due to developer allowing massive pipes and a pressure burn off pit in one corner of the subdivision being constructed.
    We even had gas air conditioning at that house.
    It wasn't as good as refrigeration for south Texas, but it knocked the inside temperature down about 25 degrees from whatever was going on outside.

I didn't have much experience with electric everything until I moved up here.

We have a "fancy" electronic range now, but I hate that skittish thing.
    Even though it has a 1 to 10 dial, it really only has two settings. Do nothing or set the house on fire.

Last edited:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

Place where my dad lived last had free natural gas forever due to developer allowing massive pipes and a pressure burn off pit in one corner of the subdivision being constructed.

Even though it has a 1 to 10 dial, it really only has two settings. Do nothing or set the house on fire.

You can very much visually see that the burners that are operating "correctly" are only 3 distinct settings across the entire range of the knob.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I wish we had a gas range. Working in restaurants, and even most places that I rented, I was always used to gas. Had to get used to electric again when we bought this house.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    EVERYTHING upon my little scab of crusty earth is watered to a fare y'all well.

Sandwich plated, pepper by, glass of beer (not a caveman), hat and boots off, E system remote at hand.

Going in to wind out the pregame shows and watch some NFL.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Got her a small setup on my hard top tool chest which is a perfect height for her.

Now she wants more space. Best I can come up with is buying a shipping container and using that for storage.

Wife and SiL started making soap....soap stashed everywhere, doing the craft shows.
    2 rooms taken over so far and plans on another

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central

I doubt the HOA would approve of that

Top Bottom