OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Just cleaned the grill. It was a tad overdue :laugh:
    Mine too. I have a long in the tooth Weber that can no longer reliably control airflow.
    Last two times I've used it was at max heat with a pizza stone. Makes a decent pizza oven that way.

Just needs to be brushed off, freed up and have all the air flappers realigned to close again.
    Might get another season out of it.
    Last time I used it for slow smoke was a ham for the 4th of July.
    I closed it up best it could and buried the lower air intake with lava rock.
    WORKED!!!

But, I have a turkey waiting for November. Might still use the lava rock trick. We'll see how November goes.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Took a can of tomato juice on the bank, grocery outing for one young.
    Hasn't gotten direct deposit set up yet with his new job, but the boy wanted certain brats for the next fire pit night.
    Gotta love 'em!!

He doesn't seem to care for the big salty German brats I get from the Cicero butcher.

But now I'm getting hungry.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dabating this myself.
    Y0tHSS8yMDAuZ2lm.gif

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I did the mattress cover this time. I never know,if I should or not. I am not much of a sweater at night, so it never looks like it needs done and never smells.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Yard sales all over creation. Stopped at two.
    Son bought a fairly cool Buck knife.

I was looking for tools mainly, especially hand tools.

I did find an ancient Pioneer receiver for twelve bucks. Girls said they didn't have any "wires" or instructions for it so we're selling it cheap. It was her dad's. Yikes!!

It has a power cable. Even if it had been cut off, I wouldn't need anything else. I can make it go!

Haven't looked anything up about it yet, but this is heavy with the flat panel for binding posts, intended for spade lugs or ring terminals. Pre banana terminal.
    Ok
    Higher power output, most likely.
    Shows a max current draw of 550w at the power cable. Efficiency of the times, it might be a
    100w per channel amp. Well see.

It's in decent shape cosmetically, but everything needs a go over.
    I have found my next bench project!!

I no longer own a power variac device, but old Pioneer gear is known for wimpy power supply caps. Work fine when new, but dry out inside over the years.
    When I have time, I'll start this beasty up with a dim bulb set up.

Last edited:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    G’d afternoon folks. Hot out there. Went to a near by car show this morning. First 1 held at the location. Turn out was huge. Spent most of my time under a tent talking to several old hot rodders I know. Did walk around and check out the cars but sweat was running. Came home, grabbed a bite, and now chillin’ a bit. Turned on the TV and checked out a channel for NHRA action but American Corn Hole is on. Watched a few minutes and that’s enough.

Gotta mow but gonna put it off a bit until more is in shade. Considered mowing last evening and I should have. Weather was beautiful then.

Top Bottom