OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Looks like I'll have some dry time to work on my flowerbed cleanup today. Got the EGO batteries charged/charging. Not sure if I'll use the weedeater or the hedge trimmer to cut down the lily and iris leaves.
    I have an old school scissor type hedge trimmer I like to use for some of the ones I leave some green top on over fall. I keep it sharp! It allows me a little more precision for some of the delicates.

It's a bend over tool, though. Only standing tool I have for close cuts is a string trimmer, but that leaves a horrid cut.
    I don't have many, but I'm not investing any bend overs today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have an old school scissor type hedge trimmer I like to use for some of the ones I leave some green top on over fall. I keep it sharp! It allows me a little more precision for some of the delicates.

It's a bend over tool, though. Only standing tool I have for close cuts is a string trimmer, but that leaves a horrid cut.
    I don't have many, but I'm not investing any bend overs today.
    Yeah, the weed eater does leave them kinda ragged, but it won't matter in the spring when they come back. And like you said, less bending, except to rake and bag them.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Heading out for some Taxi service.

Taking the dog to the vet this morning for a walk in once they open.
    Doggie has trouble with his ears still and has dug them bloody scratching. Won't allow us to even get close to cleaning for him.

Vet has a muzzle his size and some drugs if needed.

Noon I have a gas furnace service guy coming for our faux fire place.

Be back later.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    @#$%! cat!! I went in to use the bathroom, took my bacon and eggs inside, but left my milk glass outside. She was curled up in the chair asleep (I thought) but I put my cell phone on top of the glass just in case. Well, she dumped the full glass of milk plus my cell phone onto the deck. Grrrrr!! :xmad:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Heading out for some Taxi service.

Taking the dog to the vet this morning for a walk in once they open.
    Doggie has trouble with his ears still and has dug them bloody scratching. Won't allow us to even get close to cleaning for him.

Vet has a muzzle his size and some drugs if needed.

Noon I have a gas furnace service guy coming for our faux fire place.

Be back later.
    Full day

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    @#$%! cat!! I went in to use the bathroom, took my bacon and eggs inside, but left my milk glass outside. She was curled up in the chair asleep (I thought) but I put my cell phone on top of the glass just in case. Well, she dumped the full glass of milk plus my cell phone onto the deck. Grrrrr!! :xmad:
    I hate that kind of crap. They are constantly thinking of ways to get our food.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've heard that it's really not good for cats, despite the stereotypical cat drinking from a saucer of milk.
    Mine prefer half and half. The cashiers at the store have stopped asking me what I am making with all of the half and half I buy. We go through a lot between our coffee and the cats. They stand at the refrigerator and yell when they want it, and we are their servants who pour it in their bowl. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine prefer half and half. The cashiers at the store have stopped asking me what I am making with all of the half and half I buy. We go through a lot between our coffee and the cats. They stand at the refrigerator and yell when they want it, and we are their servants who pour it in their bowl. :):
    "Can cats drink milk? The image of a cat happily lapping up milk is such a common one that many people don’t even question it. But it may surprise you to learn that sipping at cows’ milk is actually detrimental to their health, no matter how much they make like the taste of it.

Ideally, cats should only be given water to drink. However, it’s important for your cat to stay properly hydrated, especially if they have other health problems such as kidney disease."

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    "Can cats drink milk? The image of a cat happily lapping up milk is such a common one that many people don’t even question it. But it may surprise you to learn that sipping at cows’ milk is actually detrimental to their health, no matter how much they make like the taste of it.

Ideally, cats should only be given water to drink. However, it’s important for your cat to stay properly hydrated, especially if they have other health problems such as kidney disease."

Mine usually live to be around 20 years old and have no issues with drinking it. When we had the goats, they all yelled until I gave them the first milk I stripped out to clear the tears. Of course, my goats each got a little bowl too cause we usually had more than we needed, and they loved it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine usually live to be around 20 years old and have no issues with drinking it. When we had the goats, they all yelled until I gave them the first milk I stripped out to clear the tears. Of course, my goats each got a little bowl too cause we usually had more than we needed, and they loved it.
    Maybe if they've had it all their lives it's not as big an issue. :yesway:

Top Bottom