Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Mowing is done, thanks to Daughter. Her turn.
    A little game we're dealing in called, Earn Your Keep.
    :):

I did some string trimming around the entire perimeter, paying close attention to the grass growing in the cracks of the driveway and the sidewalks.

Pretty easy, if you do it often. But then, you're trimming more often. Sheesh!

I was on the trimmer because a truck tall pallet of boxes fell on Son's knee sideways while he was at work this morning.

I don't think he's milking it. There's enough swelling, we need to keep tabs. I believe he has a real booboo, not a mock.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've just been seeing these commercials for Chime, the online bank/credit card. Now they have a thing where you can get an interest free advance on your pay (with direct deposit) and they're calling it MyPay and it's trademarked. What's odd is, our pay system at work is called MyPay and has been for as long as I've been there. I wonder if there's some kind of trademark infringement going on. Obviously ours was first, since it's been existence longer than Chime has. I'm going to bring it up to someone at work.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've just been seeing these commercials for Chime, the online bank/credit card. Now they have a thing where you can get an interest free advance on your pay (with direct deposit) and they're calling it MyPay and it's trademarked. What's odd is, our pay system at work is called MyPay and has been for as long as I've been there. I wonder if there's some kind of trademark infringement going on. Obviously ours was first, since it's been existence longer than Chime has. I'm going to bring it up to someone at work.
    Possibly not an issue.
    But definitely bring it up with brass when you get a chance.

I have had way more exposure to some intricacies of copyright law than most laymen, just trying to get something published, once.

The distinctions between markets allow for a lot of overlap in naming products.

For instance, if I developed a software system and called it "Tear in My Beer" that could happen and no way Hank Jr can have a fit, because the product markets do not overlap.

It is often just more crap invented by lawyers, supported by judges to ensure job security for both. But being a system of laws, they binds us.

It actually takes a lot of legal wiggling to get some product name like the "Heinz 57" line to be just yours exclusively and no one else can ever use it.

I know nothing about your company or your products, but there is likely not enough market overlap between what you do and a banking firm's products to restrict naming practices.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Possibly not an issue.
    But definitely bring it up with brass when you get a chance.

I have had way more exposure to some intricacies of copyright law than most laymen, just trying to get something published, once.

The distinctions between markets allow for a lot of overlap in naming products.

For instance, if I developed a software system and called it "Tear in My Beer" that could happen and no way Hank Jr can have a fit, because the product markets do not overlap.

It is often just more crap invented by lawyers, supported by judges to ensure job security for both. But being a sytem of laws, they binds us.

It actually takes a lot of legal wiggling to get some product name like the "Heinz 57" line to be just yours exclusively and no one else can ever use it.

I know nothing about your company or your products, but there is not likely enough overlap between what you do and a banking firm's products to restrict naming practices.
    I work for the DOD (civilian employee) and since both are at least tangentially related to pay, I think at best it could cause some confusion.

Their website: https://www.chime.com/mypay/

Our MyPay website: https://mypay.dfas.mil/#/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom