Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    did something similar for my boys 30 years ago
    Dang, 30 years ago my youngest was starting his 3rd year of college and oldest was working on a mountain in northern Japan teaching English in a grade school. Little past the play set age. Best we had was a swing set they got from Grandpa 1 Christmas. Otherwise a sandbox was about it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dang, 30 years ago my youngest was starting his 3rd year of college and oldest was working on a mountain in northern Japan teaching English in a grade school. Little past the play set age. Best we had was a swing set they got from Grandpa 1 Christmas. Otherwise a sandbox was about it
    I did have a sand box that Dad built. Fun fact: Did you know that if you pour gasoline in the sand and light it, then wait for it to burn down a little, you can take a shovel full of the still-burning sand and throw it into the air for a Hollywood style fireball? :):

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Lunch finished, mess all cleaned up.
    Burgers were a big success.

Time to take a Colts Nap.
    Actually, I'm expecting good things from the Colts. I'll make it through this game, I think. Full tummy might bring other forces into play.

Probably fall asleep during the Cowboys game a bit after.
    :):

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    my kids had the tractor tire full of sand and also then the slide with 2 swings and then the fort
    growing up we had to build our own and borrow scrap rubber mats for roofing material from Triangle Rubber Co.
    later in life I did come to realize they were just scrap for the rubber transfer molds but they ran us kids off because they stored drums of toluene back there

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    the big picture window down here must have had something big bang on it to make a 3 inch hole in the frame (plastic with a foam core)
    they tried to patch it with caulk which of course shrunk away and looks like crap. I dug it all out and am going to try the automotive Bondo route, wish me luck

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom