Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Pre-2001 was the best time to see the world.
    It was '89 when I did a six month sabbatical across western Mexico.
    Fishing and living off the mountains, mostly. Hired a guide.

I had eaten a few snakes growing up, but that trip marked the first time I had ever eaten from a lizard that served five.

I was in high school, '72 when one of my best buddy's family vacationed in Mexico City. His father was an archeologist guru and he was just a guy, but he had a gorgeous sister I had a real shine toward.
    She disappeared on that trip. Horrible!
    Mexico has never been safe!

I had interest in a screen printing operation for a while and had t-shirts made up with Texas and Mexico covered in the Lone Star State flag that read, "IT'S TIME TO TAKE THE REST OF TEXAS."
    I sold many!

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All the jokers walk on calm water. Jesus walked on stormy seas.
    My buddy and I actually took some similar pictures out in the middle of the lake where we found some rocks just under the surface. We took turns posing with a boat oar like we were playing a guitar. We thought it was very Pink Floyd-esque. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All the jokers walk on calm water. Jesus walked on stormy seas.
    I thought he calmed them first...

"Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water. Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea. Take a look at yourself and you will look at others differently, when you put your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee." :)

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I've only been to Canada and Australia. I'd like to go to Canada again, but now you have to have a passport. Didn't need one when I went. I miss going fishing up there on the border with my parents and a friend of mine when I was a kid. Went to Mississauga (suburb of Toronto) on business a couple times when I worked for BMG Music Club. Susan used to talk about wanting to go to Mexico, but no way I'd do that now. In fact, Mexico is on our "do not travel" list at work.
    I was in Mexico when Trump was in office. Saw a big sign it said "You're on fun side of Trumps wall".

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I thought he calmed them first...

"Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water. Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea. Take a look at yourself and you will look at others differently, when you put your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee." :)

The calming of the waters was another event altogether. Mark 4:39 KJV

It was boisterous when Jesus and Peter were walking:

Matthew 14 KJV

30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
    31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
    32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I've only been to Canada and Australia. I'd like to go to Canada again, but now you have to have a passport. Didn't need one when I went. I miss going fishing up there on the border with my parents and a friend of mine when I was a kid. Went to Mississauga (suburb of Toronto) on business a couple times when I worked for BMG Music Club. Susan used to talk about wanting to go to Mexico, but no way I'd do that now. In fact, Mexico is on our "do not travel" list at work.
    Bmg... ever know a patti? Crabby patti?

Will have to ask fiance if her mom worked there as well.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've had a bag of chicken quarters marinating since right after my bike ride this morning.

Got the grille almost ready for a slow, smoky cook.
    It's been so nice out today. I've had fun just seeing Wife these past four days.

Not sure if I'll make it back around this evening.

Signing off, here.
    Rest well, everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom