Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've never left the USA and at this point I don't want to. It's bad enough here.
    I've only been to Canada and Australia. I'd like to go to Canada again, but now you have to have a passport. Didn't need one when I went. I miss going fishing up there on the border with my parents and a friend of mine when I was a kid. Went to Mississauga (suburb of Toronto) on business a couple times when I worked for BMG Music Club. Susan used to talk about wanting to go to Mexico, but no way I'd do that now. In fact, Mexico is on our "do not travel" list at work.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Made a Kroger run. Picked up some stuff to make sandwiches instead of going for restaurant/fast food every day. Got pastrami, ham and roast beef, a few honey crisp apples and some bananas. Also some frozen broccoli florets.
    I get their deli sandwich kits sometimes. Usually a pack of deli cheese with 2-3 packs of deli meat too

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I've only been to Canada and Australia. I'd like to go to Canada again, but now you have to have a passport. Didn't need one when I went. I miss going fishing up there on the border with my parents and a friend of mine when I was a kid. Went to Mississauga (suburb of Toronto) on business a couple times when I worked for BMG Music Club. Susan used to talk about wanting to go to Mexico, but no way I'd do that now. In fact, Mexico is on our "do not travel" list at work.

Pre-2001 was the best time to see the world.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So, did you think it was as stupid as I did? Especially near the end? I loved it when the guy jumped in to the water with the cat on his shoulder, and the cat was just as calm as can be. No freaking out at all. Yeah, right! :lmfao:

Also, the first two movies were set in rural upstate NY and people fought back, with guns! Day One was set in NYC and nobody fought back. They just spent time trying to run and hide. I guess art imitates life!

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've never left the USA and at this point I don't want to. It's bad enough here.
    I've traveled extensively, years ago for work, but I have only traveled far and wide in Canada, Mexico and a few stops in Central America.

Never did any hunting, but I miss fishing Canadian waters, mostly, but had some great times off the coasts near Southern California, too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've traveled extensively, years ago for work, but I have only traveled far and wide in Canada, Mexico and a few stops in Central America.

Never did any hunting, but I miss fishing Canadian waters, mostly, but had some great times off the coasts near Southern California, too.
    This is where we used to go. We didn't stay at the hotel though. They used to have two primitive cabins out on a peninsula, about a quarter mile walk from the hotel, on Namakan lake. Did most of our fishing on Rainy Lake. Where we were, you actually looked south into Canada (we were in Minnesota).

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So, did you think it was as stupid as I did? Especially near the end? I loved it when the guy jumped in to the water with the cat on his shoulder, and the cat was just as calm as can be. No freaking out at all. Yeah, right! :lmfao:

Also, the first two movies were set in rural upstate NY and people fought back, with guns! Day One was set in NYC and nobody fought back. They just spent time trying to run and hide. I guess art imitates life!
    Well, it was so loud in the city.

It at least made sense with the one guy in the boat that is sorta the leader of the island in the 2nd movie

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    And most cats hate water…. But not all of them.

I was curious how the little guy held his breath when they swam under water

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And most cats hate water…. But not all of them.

I was curious how the little guy held his breath when they swam under water
    Our previous cat (Chunkadoodle) went camping/boating with us, and she would let us scoop water out of the lake and dump it on her to keep her cool out on the boat, no problem. But I don't think she'd have been as calm had we jumped into the lake while holding her.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom