OSUT 260: Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Other than losing a few hundred $$$ of goods set by, this episode could have been much worse.

For instance the wall is standing! Barely scathed, but bu'f'ugly with screws ripped out and random plastic achors here and there. Easy fix, then paint.

The cabinets were a really elegant touch, if they had been real cabinets installed properly.

Old lady who lived here before used them to store her fancy hats, in fancier hat boxes.
    Weight limits were never tested, nor expected to exceed a few pounds in each cabinet section.

WE DID NOT Know That was the only reason for the wall of cabinets!
    We knew she had her hats and the old man had his yardsticks and cane poles.

To me, obvious use for the wall of cabinets was to extend the limited indoor pantry space.

Enough whining for now.
    I am leaning toward strong open shelving for extending the pantry space, now.
    We'll see what Wife's new vision entails.

Lots to do before the naughts are laid down and the aughts are carried over, thumbing it all down on paper first.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Couple more turds I'm trying to shine up ...

I only had a crummy pair of headphones in the garage, not my "fancy" high dollar Sennheiser or Grado phones which were safely in my music room.
    Those high grade Sony phones were crushed, though.

My desktop computer, too old to keep, was also smashed in, destroying the DVD-RW drive and dislodging most of my USB items from the ports. Have not been able to retieve the CD in the drive, yet.
    Pluggd it all back in and it works like always, except for the DVD drive.

My tablet was somehow flipped to the other side of the room and became tangled in broken jelly jars and pickles, lots of yuck, but it seems to have survived the flight and the clean up.

I feel like I got lucky in some ways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom