OSUT 260: Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Had a hard salami with smoked Gouda cheese on toasted rye sandwich for lunch.
    Best hot mustard I can find and a few wild Turkish pickles, surprisingly hot.
    Raided the fresh cut veggie plate for some crunch on the side.

There's a nap hovering. I might be near there already.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I wish I could make it like the wife.
    You can. Just practice and experiment. You may get sick of meatloaf b4 you get it right, but hey, we like meatloaf, right?

We use oregano and basil. Usually about 1/2 a chopped bell pepper and a whole chopped onion. Shred a couple of carrots and beat a couple eggs. Add some breadcrumbs to help hold it together. Most important, a pound of mild sausage (can't spell saUSAge without USA) and 2# of ground chuck. Salt and pepper to taste. Cup of ketchup with some jalapeño juice and a t of Worcestershire whisked in for the topping.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    me and the two neighbors are about the same right now, so no pressure. But I would think before the weekend it will need to be done.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    With the efficiency of modern sub woofers going down in favor of increased power handling, it's like the industry is going backward.

If you have a 85dB efficient driver driven by 100W, it would take you setting up a 1kW amp system to reach output compared to a 95db driver at 100W.

What if that 95dB driver could handle 1kW? Ten times power equals +10dB.

They are doubling and quadrupling amplifier power and decreasing efficiency of drivers in order to handle the increased power. Yet the output of acoustical energy is about the same at four times the cost.
    Inflation aside, this is stupid! Nothing is gained!

Sure your new stuff looks flashy and makes heat and noise, but no more sound output than we had in the '90s with higher efficiency drivers, running one tenth the power.
    Sheesh!

Obviously, we need a bigger whip for this dead horse.
    :horse:

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You can. Just practice and experiment. You may get sick of meatloaf b4 you get it right, but hey, we like meatloaf, right?

We use oregano and basil. Usually about 1/2 a chopped bell pepper and a whole chopped onion. Shred a couple of carrots and beat a couple eggs. Add some breadcrumbs to help hold it together. Most important, a pound of mild sausage (can't spell saUSAge without USA) and 2# of ground chuck. Salt and pepper to taste. Cup of ketchup with some jalapeño juice and a t of Worcestershire whisked in for the topping.
    I like to make my meatloaf with a 50/50 blend of ground beef and ground venison.
    Tasty stuff right there.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    With the efficiency of modern sub woofers going down in favor of increased power handling, it's like the industry is going backward.

If you have a 85dB efficient driver driven by 100W, it would take you setting up a 1kW amp system to reach output compared to a 95db driver at 100W.

What if that 95dB driver could handle 1kW? Ten times power equals +10dB.

They are doubling and quadrupling amplifier power and decreasing efficiency of drivers in order to handle the increased power. Yet the output of acoustic energy is about the same at four times the cost.
    Inflation aside, this is stupid!

Sure your new stuff looks flashy and makes heat and noise, but no more sound output than we had in the '90s with higher efficiency drivers, running one tenth the power.
    Sheesh!

Obviously, we need a bigger whip for this dead horse.
    :horse:

I used to build horns.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I used to build horns.
    Really! That's cool.
    I'm curious to know more.

When I built my sound reinforcement system in the late '70s/early '80s, I dissected three of the most popular brands of large bass horns to find out why they still S**K so bad in practice.
    Showco, Cerwin Vega and Peavey, large bass horns, each had horrid problems in use.

I was studying, learning, attending flash seminars, using equipment I could never afford to own as lab geek wannabe.

But I did not need advanced interferometry to discover where the horn throats were weak, lacked compression and the uneven flare rates were only barely OK.

I designed mine around an hyperbolic rate of flare, (truncated still) rather than the most common exponential flare rates.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom