OSUT 260: Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Been checking into some lawncare services. It's gotten away from me this year and I just want to get it looking good again. One place wants $95/treatment, which isn't all that much more than what I spend on the Scott's that I buy and put down, but they want $665 for fall aeration and overseeding. No freaking way I'm paying that. I can rent an aerator for $74 for 4 hours (more than enough time for me to do it) and I can overseed my self. I emailed them back and told them I'd like to call tomorrow and discuss options. I want to know if they can get rid of the stuff that the Scott's won't (creeping charlie, wild violets, etc.). And of course I want to know if it's pet-safe.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Screwdriver has been my go-to lately. I really like a Salty Dog, but unfortunately grapefruit juice interferes with one of my meds (I forget which one), so that's not an option. When I was in my 20's and working at a small restaurant with a mesquite and charcoal grill (HOT!) in Lafayette, I'd get the waitresses to bring me salty dogs from the bar while I was cooking. :): I was an assistant manager, so my job involved baking and other prep in the mornings, then working the grill through dinner, then finishing up in the dishroom (sending the dishwasher home after I closed the kitchen to save labor), then taking over the bar after the kitchen was closed.
    Sounds like a fun job, sorta. Have to count the perks!

With me, the grapefruit interferes with the effectiveness of my statin cholesterol meds.

Doc told me it's a known issue, but just have your grapefruit in the mornings.
    You're supposed to take your statin in the evening after you finish eating, anyway. It won't be a problem.

Kidding, I asked if I could get that in writing, since I was talking about a Salty Dog.
    He said, "NO!"
    :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds like a fun job, sorta. Have to count the perks!

With me, the grapefruit interferes with the effectiveness of my statin cholesterol meds.

Doc told me it's a known issue, but just have your grapefruit in the mornings.
    You're supposed to take your statin in the evening after you finish eating, anyway. It won't be a problem.

Kidding, I asked if I could get that in writing, since I was talking about a Salty Dog.
    He said, "NO!"
    :):
    Yeah, I'm not a morning drinker! :lmfao: It was a fun job. The owner of the restaurant was a contractor by trade, and knew nothing about the restaurant business. I was there to help him open up. I was in the cooler and saw a bunch of beef tenderloins, so I asked him if he wanted me to cut them up into filets. He said, "No, I got those for tenderloin sandwiches!" :facepalm: I educated him on what to buy for tenderloin sandwiches. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That shooting near me last night turned out to be a murder/suicide and the husband was a former IMPD reserve officer. Shot 2 girls and his wife, then himself. Wish these ****ers would change up the order and shoot themselves first.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Been checking into some lawncare services. It's gotten away from me this year and I just want to get it looking good again. One place wants $95/treatment, which isn't all that much more than what I spend on the Scott's that I buy and put down, but they want $665 for fall aeration and overseeding. No freaking way I'm paying that. I can rent an aerator for $74 for 4 hours (more than enough time for me to do it) and I can overseed my self. I emailed them back and told them I'd like to call tomorrow and discuss options. I want to know if they can get rid of the stuff that the Scott's won't (creeping charlie, wild violets, etc.). And of course I want to know if it's pet-safe.
    I used Lawnpride when I lived down your way. Were they one of the expensive ones?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

The most common chems are petcsafe after they dry... but that is pricey labor!

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    For some reason I still have NFL Network free.

I know it has to be some kind of promotion, since I have not carried any small hills of gold to the bank lately to pay for that subscription bill.

Anyway, one of the games I did not get on Sunday is re-airing in a bit.

Heading in to have a watch and maybe a beer.

Daughter is making Spanish rice and I have some baked beans left over. Some tortillas, a pepper and all is good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom