Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Susan insisted on driving herself (now that her van has a passenger side mirror :): ), so I went to Kroger. Had a little rain shower come through and it's like a sauna out now.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Hey y'all. Nap was needed.
    How much did I really need a nap?

I dropped a 30-06 case in the floor as I was sizing. I instantly grabbed my extendy magnet on a stick to retrieve. I always do when I drop something sitting in my bench stool.
    Let this be our little secret.

I stopped as my brain tried to catch up with instinct and put it back in favor of my long multi hooky grabby bendy thingy.

I sized that one, threw it in the bin and decided that even autopilot has been compromised.
    Nap was overdue.
    :):

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Evenin' all. Sun is out and the air is drying out now. :thumbsup:
    All we got was some drizzle early, but all day dry after that. Thin, bright overcast until a bit ago.

When I let the dog out back for a quick go, the fairway behind our house had visible steam rising into the air.

Last night they ran the full sprinkler system for a long time. I assume that doing so helped prevent any errant sparkles from causing trouble.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All we got was some drizzle early, but all day dry after that. Thin, bright overcast until a bit ago.

When I let the dog out back for a quick go, the fairway behind our house had visible steam rising into the air.

Last night they ran the full sprinkler system for a long time. I assume that doing so helped prevent any errant sparkles from causing trouble.
    It's funny, but it seems to me that more often than not, we have rain during the day on July 4th. It's like God's way of wetting everything down so the fireworks don't start a bunch of fires. :):

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    It's funny, but it seems to me that more often than not, we have rain during the day on July 4th. It's like God's way of wetting everything down so the fireworks don't start a bunch of fires. :):
    You might be onto something.

We are only here at God's mercy in many cases.
    I do believe that God is active and we all receive Blessings and Grace many more times and much more often than we perceive them.

A safe July 4th is another Grace He has allowed, for now.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You might be onto something.

We are only here at God's mercy in many cases.
    I do believe that God is active and we all receive Blessings and Grace many more times and much more often than we perceive them.

A safe July 4th is another Grace He has allowed.
    Just something we have noticed over the years. Susan and I would usually be camping over the July 4th timeframe. Used to like to go watch the fireworks at Fourwinds Marina down at Lake Monroe out on the water. It seemed like we always had storms/rain during the day.

One particularly memorable time when we lost our last cat (Chunkadoodle) temporarily, we had a severe storm come through while we were on our way to go watch the display. Had to pull over to the shore and tie up. Cat jumped off the boat, dog jumped off the boat, and I had to catch them while hanging on to the rope attached to the boat.

After waiting out the storm, we figured the fireworks would be canceled, so we headed back across the lake to our camp. They ended up having them anyhow so we got to watch while idling back to camp.

When we were getting close, some people on shore were setting off fireworks and the cat jumped overboard without us noticing for a few minutes. We went back and searched to no avail. Searched again the next morning and couldn't find her. We thought for sure she had drowned or worse. We had to go back home because I had to be back at work the next day.

9 days later, we got a call from a vet down in Ellettsville saying they had our cat! She was chipped, and a little girl had found her in the woods down at Monroe and took her to that vet. That was the first time I have ever cried tears of joy when we heard she was okay!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've had to break up three fights between Gunner and the little girl. Not really fights, as she doesn't do anything but run her barker, so I've had to peel Gunner off of her three times. For whatever reason, Gunner doesn't mess with her anymore, even if she snaps at him.
    The Mrs. had to break up a pretty bad fight between Gunner and Bullitt, and I've had to break up one as well.

With how Gunner growls and barks at me, I don't believe any hands on with him would be the best option. He hasn't bitten, but I don't want to put him into a position that he would. His display is a warning and I'll give him his space. I don't want to encourage him to start biting.

Gunner doesn't really care too much about the fireworks, which I'm surprised.
    You have more patience than I. Dogs will behave here or they won't be here.
    Like Steven Wright says," I spilled spot remover on my dog, now he's GONE!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom