• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I feel for you. I have 3 GSD. Two I got from attica animal shelter last year. The only major fight they have had I broke up, and it cost me a trip to the hospital for a bite for myself and a trip to the vet for 2 of the three dogs.

I changed how I treated the offender greatly. Any sign of aggression to either other dog and she is rolled onto her back. It took quite a bit of my time, but she has finally realized she is not the alpha dog and will never be. No play fighting allowed, no chasing, and she even comes back in from going out last, always. She also tries to stay close to me now. She knows she is not the boss and does not want to get into trouble. I still do not leave them together if I am not going to be home. If i am home they are fine now and have been for awhile.

In the months that have passed she has turned out to be a trainable and good dog,but it has been a tough long road that was not without risk.

Saw the firworks in Covington. They did a great job. gnight lol
    I've had to break up three fights between Gunner and the little girl. Not really fights, as she doesn't do anything but run her barker, so I've had to peel Gunner off of her three times. For whatever reason, Gunner doesn't mess with her anymore, even if she snaps at him.
    The Mrs. had to break up a pretty bad fight between Gunner and Bullitt, and I've had to break up one as well.

With how Gunner growls and barks at me, I don't believe any hands on with him would be the best option. He hasn't bitten, but I don't want to put him into a position that he would. His display is a warning and I'll give him his space. I don't want to encourage him to start biting.

Gunner doesn't really care too much about the fireworks, which I'm surprised.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Getting ready to take Susan to have her pump taken off. I almost forgot this was Friday, between having yesterday off and then working half day today (my day off). I was getting ready to go to Kroger when she mentioned it. :ugh:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Lit the grill and tossed some ground bovine and some ground swine stuffed inside intestines upon the grates.

How I enjoy the warm weather of summertime. I can relax on the bench I built last year and monitor the days offerings.
    If I were a drinker, that would be an opportune time to partake. I had to manage with a Pepsi and a twisty straw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom