Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    The tree service guys are gone and they took all the infested ash with them.

I got to see live emerald ash borers with my own eyes. I think he shows some people to demonstrate that he's not FOS.

I decided to leave the trunk after he killed it with Spectracide. He bored in about six inches deep in several places around the stump, filled the voids with the product. Wet it some to get it working.

I asked what I can put on it to hasten its decomposition over time, he said potassium nitrate.
    A bell rings in my head. "Wait, that is a component of gunpowder."
    He says yep and we've all eaten it in cured meats, but trees and wood can't. It eats the wood. He's smart.

I like the guy! In fact, I would recommend his services. That's no short hurdle to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The tree service guys are gone and they took all the infested ash with them.

I got to see live emerald ash borers with my own eyes. I think he shows some people to demonstrate that he's not FOS.

I decided to leave the trunk after he killed it with Spectracide. He bored in about six inches deep in several places around the stump, filled the voids with the product. Wet it some to get it working.

I asked what I can put on it to hasten its decomposition over time, he said potassium nitrate.
    A bell rings in my head. "Wait, that is a component of gunpowder."
    He says yep and we've all eaten it in cured meats, but trees and wood can't. It eats the wood. He's smart.

I like the guy! In fact, I would recommend his services. That's no short hurdle to me.
    I remember going to the drugstore as a kid and buying not only potassium nitrate (KN03/aka salt peter), but powdered charcoal and sulfur powder to make our own gunpowder. You could also substitute sugar for the powdered charcoal. Never got it to blow up, but we made some hellacious smoke bombs. :):

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Done mowing. Got lucky and wife did trim. Cervical and Lumbar are aggravated.

I have had a number of stress tests, tread mill and nuclear. Doc office just called re: appointment info for 1 have scheduled. She said it will take 4 - 6 hours. Have any of you had 1 take that long ?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I have had a number of stress tests, tread mill and nuclear. Doc office just called re: appointment info for 1 have scheduled. She said it will take 4 - 6 hours. Have any of you had 1 take that long ?
    I've never had the nuclear. Is that where the give you some kind of stimulant drug to get your heart racing? And then presumably monitor it via MRI or some such?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I did the treadmill stress test and then the heart imaging. All told with prep and all, it might have been an hour.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Work has been really quiet today. Makes for a long day. Tomorrow will probably be similar. Don't have any meetings on the schedule for tomorrow.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I remember going to the drugstore as a kid and buying not only potassium nitrate (KN03/aka salt peter), but powdered charcoal and sulfur powder to make our own gunpowder. You could also substitute sugar for the powdered charcoal. Never got it to blow up, but we made some hellacious smoke bombs. :):
    I remember my grandfather buying KN03 from the farm co-op by the 50lb bag at hog killing time, along with at least two or three 100lb bags of NaCl.

All the hams, side, hocks and bacon were rubbed thick and dried down, wood barrels full of salt in the sun before hanging in the smoke house.
    Checked, re-salted, and turned every day until dry.
    Sausage was rubbed down and went right into the smoke.

He made some good bacon! Used mesquite, the most common wood, for the smoke.

Old school farmer growing next year's supper from a truck load of wiggly piglets, every year.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    The only treadmill I did was back in 2001. Since all nuclear. But I dont have any recollection of time involved. I think I would remember if any had taken 4-6 hrs. Fasting too so I am gonna be starved. And no caffeinated OR non-caffeinated drinks for 24 hrs. prior. Has to be much more involved which doesn’t sound fun.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only treadmill I did was back in 2001. Since all nuclear. But I dont have any recollection of time involved. I think I would remember if any had taken 4-6 hrs. Fasting too so I am gonna be starved. And no caffeinated OR non-caffeinated drinks for 24 hrs. prior. Has to be much more involved which doesn’t sound fun.
    That doesn't sound fun! You're gonna be starved and thirsty!

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I did the treadmill stress test and then the heart imaging. All told with prep and all, it might have been an hour.
    My first one was about two hours with imaging.
    Second was about an hour. That was about three years later and the imaging part was ten times better.

They could clearly show me on the computer what was going on with one side of my heart muscle.
    OK, fix it!
    All they can do is keep me stable with drugs.
    Works fine, until I miss a dose or take it late.

I get reminders. GO take your pills, DUMMY!

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central

nuclear can take a while

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom