• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am concerned that I cannot stop what I started. I do not want any pets!
    Boots: To late master ziggidy, you are my favourite human by far. If you abandon me like my last master did I will perish slowly and wither away to nothing. Thank you for being my master, we both know who is really the boss though.

PS. You did get more food for me right?

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Mornin' Ziggidy! Our current cat, Callie is my little shadow. She hangs out with me on the deck all day and follows me around in the house whenever I'm inside. She's an indoor/outdoor cat. She goes out and comes back in like a dog, although she stays out longer than our dog does.
    All our cats, until the last one, were indoor/outdoor cats. No cat box!

Last one we had was like your Callie, with me. We got her for the kids, but she chose me at 3 weeks old when we got her. She never broke that promise.

But she hated the outdoors, terrified. Never wanted anything to do with outside.
    My solution was to keep her box in the garage and make a cat door for her in the laundry room.
    Some cats live long. She didn't (14 yrs), but she prospered.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just had a rooftop visitor. Saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought it was Callie at first, but it was a little orange tabby that comes around once in awhile. Callie was sitting down on the deck and never saw it. :): Not sure how it got up there though.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Mornin' Ziggidy! Our current cat, Callie is my little shadow. She hangs out with me on the deck all day and follows me around in the house whenever I'm inside. She's an indoor/outdoor cat. She goes out and comes back in like a dog, although she stays out longer than our dog does.
    When I was a kid we had many indoor / outdoor cats, it seemed like the thing to do. My wife is a bug nut and is concerned with fleas and such. We'll see. I'm contemplating with adopting her (Boots) but need to wait some time. My wife is having heart surgery next week and I don't want to take chances nor have the added responsibility at this time. Maybe in 6 weeks or so I may become a new dad!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I was a kid we had many indoor / outdoor cats, it seemed like the thing to do. My wife is a bug nut and is concerned with fleas and such. We'll see. I'm contemplating with adopting her (Boots) but need to wait some time. My wife is having heart surgery next week and I don't want to take chances nor have the added responsibility at this time. Maybe in 6 weeks or so I may become a new dad!
    Probably a good plan. Sounds like Boots will be content to wait for you. :)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    3 fresh egg, pepper jack omelette with sautéed red bell pepper and cherry tomatoes. Sour cream and Tabasco on top. Mmm-mm.

Now shave and hit the road after I fill the cooler.
    I thought ash was decent firewood?
    It is but it rots pretty fast.

Wrote the first part of this at about 0500 and forgot to send it.:n00b:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    O
    Went and played pool last night since it was free pool night. Hubby had been there for a bit before I arrived so he didn't stay long. I was going to come home earlier but then I started winning so I had to run the table for a bit.

Planning to go to our little county fair tonight with my son and meet up with the granddaughter and the kids. Fair is way early this year.
    Ours is over a couple weeks already.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think you're right. Most any hardwood should be, but this one is infested and still green. It would take some time to be ready to burn.

I understand that the borers can complete their life cycle in a woodpile.
    I'm not comfortable aiding and abetting the enemy.
    Burn 'em green. Fire is too good for the little bastiges.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom