Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey red, I've got a question for you. I'm not sure if it's applicable or not. You guys do utility/city projects? Is it standard practice to tear up 20 areas all at once, and then only work on "fixing" each of those areas maybe 1 day a week for several months? I only ask because that's the way they seem to do it down here.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Hey red, I've got a question for you. I'm not sure if it's applicable or not. You guys do utility/city projects? Is it standard practice to tear up 20 areas all at once, and then only work on "fixing" each of those areas maybe 1 day a week for several months? I only ask because that's the way they seem to do it down here.
    lets say it depends...
    For us, we do a lot of directional drilling. So we'll spot all the utilities, usually we fence, plywood or steel plate them depending on where they are.
    The holes will stay open till after we get the new pipe installed, we need to see the drill head going by the utility. After the pipe is in we have to do tie - ins so back filling is done when we have time.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I was looking through some of my other gun pics (and actually at this gun in person). I think this is one of the purdiest little pistols I have. Mauser HsC (.380). Not that I'd ever carry it, but I just like the look.

View attachment 357419
    Yeah.
    That is a purdy little doll baby.
    I've only had one .380. It was a PPK. Traded.
    I've only had one Mauser, 98.
    I was about 13, told it was 30-06. BS.

Half second glance at the chamber, I knew it would not hold a 30-06 cartridge.
    Got it from mowing a huge field.
    I had used a real 30-06 before. I took it. Couldn't argue much. He agreed to pay cash next time.
    He had more work I could do.

Can't remember all the mms x mms and such, but I traded it for an Enfield.

You could still buy dirt cheap 60yr old .303 ammo at the surplus stores back then. Shot that one a lot.
    Fun Gun.

But that looks like a sweet hider, if you need.

Last edited:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Up again. Same thing.
    Haven't decided on the tequila yet.

And I'm not set in any sort of way to make any more memes just now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Slept in a little this morning. There was a big ol' nasty looking possum meandering across the deck when I went to let Ruthie out. Fortunately I saw it and gave it a minute to make itself scarce. Not really sure what Ruthie would've done. Probably nothing, but I didn't want to take the chance that she'd get bitten.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got my breakfast fixin' stuff set out. Got a little bit of sausage to use up if it's still good, so sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. If it's not good, bacon, egg and cheese biscuits.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom