DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They didn’t stay too long since the baby was hungry
    DiL sounds like the oldest granddaughter's dad. He called yesterday evening and said Susan needed to bring her home "right now" because they had dinner reservations in 30 minutes. Susan said, "tough" and waited 10 or 15 minutes to take her. He had lied. They didn't have any dinner reservations. But the point is, if they did, then he should've let her know well before then, but he only thinks of his schedule and to hell with anyone else's plans. :xmad:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning everyone. My daughter and SIL showed up with the kids at dinner time. I had 3 steaks thawed for hubby, myself and my son. I had nothing else thawed so just waited until they left to grill them. I'm pretty sure they expected to be fed, but I had no warning they were coming. She had said they may stop over on their way home if we would be here, but they had been out all day so it wasn't a definite thing.

Kids were cranky and Hannah cries every time she looks at my son. If we say "Uncle Anthony", she starts to cry. I think it is his beard...but she clings to either her mom or me and refuses to look at him for at least a couple of hours when she gets here.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Kids were cranky and Hannah cries every time she looks at my son. If we say "Uncle Anthony", she starts to cry. I think it is his beard...but she clings to either her mom or me and refuses to look at him for at least a couple of hours when she gets here.

My grandfather had a formal pic of his father, my great grandpa (born in 1868, died before I was born), but in the photo he had this huge mustache that looked like woolly worm fight, scary hat and the most piercing eyes.
    Adding to the creep factor, the portrait was made in the old style with convex front glass, making it balloon out into the room.

None of us kids could take it! Just couldn't get away from it when playing in that room.
    :lmfao:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning mom.
    i don’t know why it is hard to give people a warning you are coming and want to be fed.
    I just don’t have the makings ready for 3 more people for a meal.
    My son and my husband both said they were waiting to see who gave in...if they were going to leave or if I was going to come up with some offer to feed them. I didn't even have any buns left to offer to grill them a hamburger or something.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Morning mom.
    i don’t know why it is hard to give people a warning you are coming and want to be fed.
    I just don’t have the makings ready for 3 more people for a meal.
    And if you're coming over to celebrate someone (father's day, birthday, etc) YOU should bring the food or pick up the tab where you're going. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom