OSUT 254: January Cold and Snow Can Gooooo....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I would imagine, I will be doing my typical Sunday routine.
    At this point, I have sort of given up on finding a Church that checks all my boxes.

It is not easy finding a church. We found one a couple years ago and it was working out well for the family. Just before Thanksgiving the pastor leaves. Now we are back to the wifes Catholic Church which I am not a fan.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    It is not easy finding a church. We found one a couple years ago and it was working out well for the family. Just before Thanksgiving the pastor leaves. Now we are back to the wifes Catholic Church which I am not a fan.
    We've been looking as well.....and agree it's not easy to find a church that aligns with our "old fashioned " values

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We went to the Presbyterian church for 25 years. I like the church, like the pipe organ, like the liturgy, etc. I am distressed by the constant leftist movement of the denomination.

i am not one to stand and sway to the music with my hand in the air. as The old country song goes, I am just old and in the way…

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We've been looking as well.....and agree it's not easy to find a church that aligns with our "old fashioned " values

A couple weeks ago we are sitting in the service and the young priest begins to talk about the Pope, and his stance on the church now blessing same sex couples. Basically, we as a church need to come together and support Pope Francis.

200.gif

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Dear Pope, show me the biblical doctrine that supports your claim of same sex marriages… I’ll wait.

:popcorn:

This is at St. Judes, there on East State.

On a side note. They had a "big" service last week with kids coming of age to take their first communion. Three kids. . Three. I remember 15 years ago there were 60 kids lined up. And yet they will sit there and wonder why attendance is down.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We went from accepting gays, to letting them into clergy to embracing marriage. they think abortion up to birth is okay. They don’t think we should have guns. They declared Israel and apartheid state. PCUSA stands opposite of me on just about every issue.
    Guess there isn't much time left for good old fashion church'n anymore with all of that progressive activism going on.

My pastor that I had growing up just passed away recently. He's been retired for quite a while. Sure, do miss those days.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Guess there isn't much time left for good old fashion church'n anymore with all of that progressive activism going on.

My pastor that I had growing up just passed away recently. He's been retired for quite a while. Sure, do miss those days.
    There are still some good churches out there, just a bit harder to find than they should

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom