OSUT#249 - What's Cooking at Your House??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Grrr... I was just looking at my checking account and found another fraudulent charge. Thankfully it was on the old card which has already been shut down and replaced, but they're going to take care of disputing the charge and crediting my account. Already got my money from the previous one back in the account.

I think someone was funding a weed growing enterprise. First charge was to a hydroponic supply place in Florida. This one is from a garden supply place in Maryland. :xmad:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Grrr... I was just looking at my checking account and found another fraudulent charge. Thankfully it was on the old card which has already been shut down and replaced, but they're going to take care of disputing the charge and crediting my account. Already got my money from the previous one back in the account.

I think someone was funding a weed growing enterprise. First charge was to a hydroponic supply place in Florida. This one is from a garden supply place in Maryland. :xmad:

Beer was delivered
    Then off to lunch
    Then back to the Legion because someone always comes up with something else.
    Now I'm at home.

Anyway, I get an email when my debit card or credit card gets used.
    It's a big help. About fraudulent charge

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Beer was delivered
    Then off to lunch
    Then back to the Legion because someone always comes up with something else.
    Now I'm at home.

Anyway, I get an email when my debit card or credit card gets used.
    It's a big help. About fraudulent charge
    I got a text and phone call for the charge at the hydroponic place in Florida, but it was to a PayPal account, so that may have flagged it. This one appears to have been made directly to the company.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm leery even of the texts from my credit union, because I got burned with one before. Someone had spoofed the credit union phone number and I fell for it. So now when I get one, I log in to my account and call the number that I know is good rather than returning a call or clicking on a link in a text.

In fact, that incident prompted the credit union to send out an email to all members warning of the spoofed number.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm leery even of the texts from my credit union, because I got burned with one before. Someone had spoofed the credit union phone number and I fell for it. So now when I get one, I log in to my account and call the number that I know is good rather than returning a call or clicking on a link in a text.

In fact, that incident prompted the credit union to send out an email to all members warning of the spoofed number.
    Oh, I just use texts as "FYI"
    I never call a number from one, or an internet address.
    (unless I ask for it from someone I know)

If I get an email that says login from here, or call this number... NOPE!
    Always log onto the site directly.

For instance, your amazon account is overdrawn. Please log on to check your account.
    Stuff like that

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Speaking of, spent TOO MUCH on amazon this week.
    Halloween stuff to make at home.
    Adding some skeletons, and I need parts to light them, and animate them.
    One of them will have a pump, to pump water into a bottle that will pour into the mouth of one.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    planning on making Hoosier stew tomorrow. grandpa wants some familiar hearty home-style meals to bulk up after losing some weight from a recent surgery and such. any suggestions for good casseroles? he is craving one but I’ve never been a fan of any I’ve tried

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom