Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    at least you are not doing the painting
    No, upon strict orders from my physical therapist and Pain Management doc in 2000 and again in 2007. ABSOLUTELY ZERO activities requiring repetitively looking up, down, to the side, etc., etc…painting, wiring, etc., etc… My cervical spine is a basket case ( as well as lumbar and to a lesser extent thoracic spine ).

My job is merely to write the check to pay for it. In Sept. ‘21 I withheld $2,000 from final payment to a contractor ( multiple widows, multiple doors, siding, etc. -part of overall large project(s) ). Costs related to this will be deducted before paying him balance. The contractor wasnt happy but ‘Oh well.’ We weren’t happy either and I am the one needing to live with a P.O’d. wife.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    who was the contractor?
    Unique Siding on Eisenhower Dr. We had several contractors doing various stuff. Signed contract, made downpayment to Unique for their part in Oct. 2020. Work was to be done starting April 2021. They started in August 2021. left in September. Came back in May 2022 to install 6 windows that had been delivered Oct. 2021. Left after 1 week. Came back in August 2022 to finish and left in Sept. That is when I withheld $$ & scheduled pros. So hopefully their stuff will be finished( by someone else) in February 2023.

We used Unique in the past on a rental house and were satisfied. For this we ask our general contractor guy who he would suggest and he said Unique. He agrees they screwed up. At same time they were working on a friends new $1million + house ( DJ Construction owner ) and they were kissing his butt the whole time...He says jump, they ask how high ? We won't use Unique again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Unique Siding on Eisenhower Dr. We had several contractors doing various stuff. Signed contract, made downpayment to Unique for their part in Oct. 2020. Work was to be done starting April 2021. They started in August 2021. left in September. Came back in May 2022 to install 6 windows that had been delivered Oct. 2021. Left after 1 week. Came back in August 2022 to finish and left in Sept. That is when I withheld $$ & scheduled pros. So hopefully their stuff will be finished( by someone else) in February 2023.

We used Unique in the past on a rental house and were satisfied. For this we ask our general contractor guy who he would suggest and he said Unique. He agrees they screwed up. At same time they were working on a friends new $1million + house ( DJ Construction owner ) and they were kissing his butt the whole time...He says jump, they ask how high ? We won't use Unique again.
    I'll never use Unique. Called them several years ago for just an estimate on some replacement windows and then they hounded me for weeks, even sending someone to my door uninvited. When that happened I told the unfortunate salesperson in no uncertain terms what I thought of their high pressure tactics and told them to never contact me again.

Last edited:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I'll never use Unique. Called them several years ago for just an estimate on some replacement windows and then they hounded me for weeks, even sending someone to my door uninvited. When that happened I told the unfortunate salesperson in no uncertain terms what I thought of their high pressure tactics and told them to never contact me again.
    Unique in Goshen ?

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I think Unique is a big company. They used to be just windows, and now they've expanded into gutters, bathrooms, etc.. Assuming it's the same Unique, but I think it is. I'm pretty sure they have offices all over the place.
    No I don’t think so. This is a local company owned by 2 individuals. BIL of 1 o ER lives in my old neighborhood and is their lead employee. They only actually have a very few employees using a lot of subs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom