Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Holy cow that is a lot.

How much area are we talking about? That must quite a few people to police the area.

I'm assuming you guys have something like our Coast Guard that is involved.

Several miles of coast line ... not sure.

The Gendarmerie is here (like a military police force, they have a navy branch as well).

We don't have a Coast Guard in France.
    We have a unit that does rescue at sea but they are not part of the military and not law enforcement either.

Hundreds of LEOs have been deployed I think.
    There is an anti-riot company that came to help locals cops. That's 160 additional officers in a company.

They have been searching cars in the area.

P32329810D5658871G.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The Navy is also patrolling with choppers, day and night.

LTGGDPZS3JF2TBSOAU72UXECKY.jpg

You have lots of places to hide on the beach, bunkers everywhere ... so making sure nobody gets there is not easy.

lg_33AD9ZV.jpg

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Home again, done for the day, and glad. My 120 miles round trip with meeting and lunch was a pain to drive. Then home for an hour and head to vet. County roads were not good. Vet running late, etc. Come out and another 2-3” of slush, snowing hard and blowing. Pop in 4 wheel drive, 30 mph home. Did few chores. Am finished. Was back to almost rain for a moment, now sleet. Some crazy s**t.

5 years ago mid-Feb was recorded floods here. Expat will remember. I went in hospital and laid up 2 weeks. Then cold, snow, had to plow drive. Hoping that a similar change isn’t on tap for this year.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Howdy Hardscrable. Rain has stopped down here and I just stepped outside. Dead calm. I don't think we got the strongest of the winds here, but I'm hearing it's howling down south near Bedford on down to the Ohio river.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Howdy Hardscrable. Rain has stopped down here and I just stepped outside. Dead calm. I don't think we got the strongest of the winds here, but I'm hearing it's howling down south near Bedford on down to the Ohio river.
    Our weather girl just said 30 mph gust, possibly 40-45 for few hours yet. But wind not near as strong right now as it was.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man, I have been amazed at how Ruthie hasn't shed, even with all her thick fur. Well, I was amazed too soon. Now that it's warmed up, here comes the shedding. I just pulled handfuls of fur off of her. It's that under coat that is coming to the surface. I think if we gave her a good brushing now, she'd look like a much smaller dog! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom