• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I just don't get the whole treat his body according to (insert religion or something else here). we are at war are we not? the business of war is killing the enemy, not playing nice not making sure the enemy is happy with the way we kill them.:dunno:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah, the way I see it, many of the people who died on 9/11 didn't get a proper burial, why should he?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Is burial at sea an Islamic allowable method? Certainly it is not the preferred method. My guess is probably not as Judaism follows the tradition of burial in white washed tombs where the hope of an alleged resurrection can be made from whatever is left from the body. It's why when Israelites died outside of Israel, they requested their bones be moved back the 'homeland' and not cast in a place where scavengers (be it land or sea) could eat the remains of the body.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I guess I just don't get it. What if you are solving an OJ Simpson style murder mystery? Bury the evidence while its still warm?

Ok, now pretend we are talking about the FBI's most wanted terrorist for the last 10 years.

If people want to be offended about rights being violated, they should be debating assassination missions used on someone who has not been to trial.

I just don't believe the U.S. gives the slightest crap about muslim customs. Just look at our foreign policy. Its an excuse convenient to the CIA. Now they can tell their story and not need any proof whatsoever.

You could have stopped there.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I just don't get the whole treat his body according to (insert religion or something else here). we are at war are we not? the business of war is killing the enemy, not playing nice not making sure the enemy is happy with the way we kill them.:dunno:

I'm pretty sure (but have of course never actually been in a war) that we've typically treated our own dead, as well as enemy dead with dignity and respect. I guess that is one thing that separates us from many other countries. Sure, there are incidents where we haven't treated them appropriately, but I think as a whole we generally provide for proper burrial of the bodies, or at least turn them over for proper burrial.

Of course I'm willing to retract that if someone with better experience can comment on the exact handling of enemy dead in war.

Certainly he did a lot of bad things and didn't earn even one ounce of respect for his corpse, but at the end of the day, disrespecting the body does more harm than good.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm pretty sure (but have of course never actually been in a war) that we've typically treated our own dead, as well as enemy dead with dignity and respect. I guess that is one thing that separates us from many other countries. Sure, there are incidents where we haven't treated them appropriately, but I think as a whole we generally provide for proper burrial of the bodies, or at least turn them over for proper burrial.

Of course I'm willing to retract that if someone with better experience can comment on the exact handling of enemy dead in war.

Certainly he did a lot of bad things and didn't earn even one ounce of respect for his corpse, but at the end of the day, disrespecting the body does more harm than good.

weeeeeell I will just say that on occasion we did some things to their dead (when they didnt steal them) that were NOT according to islamic tradition :):

it was also approved from the top!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you ask me I dont think bin laden is dead at all,this is just a political stunt to help obama get that 2nd term in 2012..

That's eighteen months away. This will be forgotten long before that day arrives. There is no political hay to be made with this that far down the road.

The possible exception being the avenues this opens to pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Yeah, the way I see it, many of the people who died on 9/11 didn't get a proper burial, why should he?

My guess would be, this: Barack Obama has done everything he could possibly do (since even before his election to office).... to appease and apologize to Islam, for the U.S.A. not "playing nice" and for America not "being as great as she once was" (his words, not mine).

He even offered to break bread with and "have talks with" the regime in Iran, after becoming leader of the free world. Somehow (God only knows), this 'political correctness" seems logical to Obama.

Why should this episode, be any different.

Let's face it; Obama wants to "save the world". Apparently, he doesn't know that Christ has already taken the job, and is doing it very well.

As far as American greatness, BO has basically been trying to "give away the store" of America... to foreign entities, for two years now.... :xmad:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm going to say, on record, that I don't think we'll see any decent pictures of Osama bin Laden's body. If anything is released, it will be of some unrecognizable guy with a beard. But my guess is that they won't release anything... since the CIA is so sensitive to his religion now, of course.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm going to say, on record, that I don't think we'll see any decent pictures of Osama bin Laden's body. If anything is released, it will be of some unrecognizable guy with a beard. But my guess is that they won't release anything... since the CIA is so sensitive to his religion now, of course.

You are probably right. But I'll offer a counter point in that if we, as citizens of the country that was hunting him down are skeptical, you'd better believe his loyal followers are in a state of disbelief right now as well. Some carefully "screened" photos that show enough detail to be clearly identified as him by his followers being released (or leaked officially) would help drive home the point that we got him.

Top Bottom