• ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Don tinfoil hat.... Has anybody surfaced the thought that whoever they allegedly buried at sea might not have been OBL and that we have him alive to pump for intelligence? This answers the question that we know for sure that he was at the objective house and we know for sure that we "got" him.

I'm not saying that this is what happened but, if I were the NCA it would sure be the coup. We have OBL for intelligence, the badguys think he is dead, a page of the book is turned in the post 9/11 era and al qaeda and the other crazys don't have a martyr.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Don tinfoil hat.... Has anybody surfaced the thought that whoever they allegedly buried at sea might not have been OBL and that we have him alive to pump for intelligence? This answers the question that we know for sure that he was at the objective house and we know for sure that we "got" him.

I'm not saying that this is what happened but, if I were the NCA it would sure be the coup. We have OBL for intelligence, the badguys think he is dead, a page of the book is turned in the post 9/11 era and al qaeda and the other crazys don't have a martyr.

I suggested this as well earlier. I know you are no fan of the CIA. But I would like to think that if they got the opportunity to bag him rather than just kill him, that they would jump at the chance. If the knowledge of doing so was kept to the Seals and the Operations folks at CIA they might be able to contain it. If it went to the pols though, forget about keeping it secret long.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Not burying the body within 24 hours is abuse of the corpse.

Do we respect Islam or not? You cannot have it both ways.

I guess I do want it both ways.

I think it is childish to want to embalm a body in pig's blood, for the only purpose of thumping our chests and needlessly provoking 1/3 of the earth's population.

I also think that a thorough and proper investigation should be performed on the body of a suspect that we "assassinate." Not many investigations can be conducted to completion within 24 hours. And that's that.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The authenticity of the photos making the rounds yesterday is completely independent of the veracity of the claim that OBL was killed within the past few days.

Why do you have to try to make point with such silly connections?

Because he's the mayor of Sillyland.

I guess I do want it both ways.

I think it is childish to want to embalm a body in pig's blood, for the only purpose of thumping our chests and needlessly provoking 1/3 of the earth's population.

I also think that a thorough and proper investigation should be performed on the body of a suspect that we "assassinate." Not many investigations can be conducted to completion within 24 hours. And that's that.

The purpose is to ensure he goes to Hell where he belongs (if of course you believe in such a place) or at a minimum is deprived of his 72 virgins (if you believe in virgins).

The 1/3 of the earth's population you refer to have no need to be provoked into hating America. They wake up there every day. I wish we could figure out how to address the 1/3 of Americans that hate America. Maybe there's a vaccine or something.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The purpose is to ensure he goes to Hell where he belongs (if of course you believe in such a place) or at a minimum is deprived of his 72 virgins (if you believe in virgins).

Simply this: Its not the U.S. Government's job to send a person to one afterlife or another.

And we have been told a million times that we are fighting a War on Terror, not a War on Islam.

The only reason someone would desecrate his body is to incite muslims who are currently living. Unless you are a true believer, the virgins shouldn't be used in your rationale for anything.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I think they are a myth..... much like bigfoot, loch ness monster, glocks that don't explode, obamas approval ratings and the INGO FAQ's.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Simply this: Its not the U.S. Government's job to send a person to one afterlife or another.

Yes, it is, especially in the case of our enemies. A bullet between the eyes of our sworn enemy is a darn effective government program.

Placing bullets between the eyes of our enemies is one government program I can get behind. That and wealth transfers of my money to the U.S. military in order to buy training ammo.

The only reason someone would desecrate his body is to incite muslims who are currently living.

But we did not abuse the body. We handled it properly according to Islamic law.

What on earth is the purpose of an autopsy? We know what killed him. It was Petty Officer First Class _________ with his M4.

The guys at DEVGRP are all wired with sound and video. We know what happened.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I think they are a myth..... much like bigfoot, loch ness monster, glocks that don't explode, obamas approval ratings and the INGO FAQ's.
    i_see_what_you_did_there_RE_Anyone_else_see_it_RE_I_AM_NOT_DIXLESIC-s450x545-95526.jpg

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I thought I made it clear which type of posts I was referring to as jihad: the immature, provocative ones that serve no purpose in regards to conducting an investigation. Those are just people with a grudge against a religion.

I make an occasional joke about such things, but they are just that...jokes. However, I DO hold a grudge against this particular religion and I have no qualms about saying so nor am I ashamed of it. Further discussion could be considered against the rules so I'll leave it at that.

The U.S. Government is not a Muslim funeral home. Bin Laden was a suspect in terrorism crimes. His corpse was evidence. I don't feel that dumping bodies of suspects into the ocean was a prudent method of ending this thing.

I completely agree. I would only add that final disposal of the evidence after the investigation would need to be in a manner that prevents the evidence being used in any way by the enemy.

Not many investigations can be conducted to completion within 24 hours. And that's that.

True

And we have been told a million times that we are fighting a War on Terror, not a War on Islam.

There are forms of terror that are not related to islam, but there are no forms of islam that are not related to terror. Therefore, in this situation, I make no distinction between the two. Again, further discussion could violate rules so I'll just say these are my opinions and I see no reason to change them. :twocents:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Too many reasons for him not to be dead today.

US needs to reduce military presence somewhere.
    Pakistan wants to reduce US footprint in Pakistan.
    US still wants OBL
    Pakistan intel sells OBL out for a fat check and a promise to reduce footprint. Additional condition that OBL killed in operation so he won't talk about Pakistani assistance.
    CIA goes in with operation to make sure OBL killed and body removed.
    Loose ends at the bottom of the ocean.
    Pakistan has deniability.
    Obie looks good.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Too many reasons for him not to be dead today.

US needs to reduce military presence somewhere.
    Pakistan wants to reduce US footprint in Pakistan.
    US still wants OBL
    Pakistan intel sells OBL out for a fat check and a promise to reduce footprint. Additional condition that OBL killed in operation so he won't talk about Pakistani assistance.
    CIA goes in with operation to make sure OBL killed and body removed.
    Loose ends at the bottom of the ocean.
    Pakistan has deniability.
    Obie looks good.

Interesting premise! EXPAT and I both presented premise that he might be still alive and held by US. Burial at sea faked to preclude making martyr of him to crazys.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    But you've already advocated desecrating the body by keeping it "unburied" longer than their faith allows...as well as performing an autopsy on it.

I'm not sure one would **** them off any less than the other.

I guess I just don't get it. What if you are solving an OJ Simpson style murder mystery? Bury the evidence while its still warm?

Ok, now pretend we are talking about the FBI's most wanted terrorist for the last 10 years.

If people want to be offended about rights being violated, they should be debating assassination missions used on someone who has not been to trial.

I just don't believe the U.S. gives the slightest crap about muslim customs. Just look at our foreign policy. Its an excuse convenient to the CIA. Now they can tell their story and not need any proof whatsoever.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom