• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    My only issue with Orion Arms is that the staff is obviously on commission.

I took my wife and mother to Orions. We were all going to purchase a gun. We purchased their weapons that day but I decided to wait and do some thinking. A few days later I went back to purchase a PX4. I kept going back and forth between black or 2tone. I decided on the 2tone. The sales man ran my app and brought me a new pretty blue box with my weapon in it. There was a line at one of the registers. I told him if he wanted to help at the register it would give me a few more minutes just to make sure the 2tone is what I wanted.

While he was at the register I asked someone else to show me the black one one more time. He asked me if I ever bought from there. I told him about the other sales man and showed him the PX4 that was sitting in a box waiting for me. I told him I just wanted to make sure. The man took the weapon out of my hand and told me I need to stick with one sale person. He then walked away and started talking to some older gentleman standing near the back door….again, just to talk.

I can respect staying with one sales person but he could have at least relieved my sales man from the register so I could continue with my purchase. It was especially irritating since I spent over $2,000 within a week at that location.

Everyone else seemed overly nice. I still go there on a regular basis however I refuse to purchase anything from that particular sales person,

3FE804BA-346B-4FFE-89CB-419BF97E8736-4567-0000049E491196F9.jpg

ThatEvil434

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    where is falls city firearms in clarksville?

Falls City Firearms is off Eastern Blvd and Maple Ct. right across from michael tire. Rick is easy to deal with and likes to trade. 812-725-1911, open tuesday thru sat 10-6, 10-4 on sat.

Orions is awesome, Huge inventory, and almost always has what you need. some things may be a little high in my opinion, but I would rather support the local shops, than save a few bucks at wally world or bass pro.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Falls City Firearms is off Eastern Blvd and Maple Ct. right across from michael tire. Rick is easy to deal with and likes to trade. 812-725-1911, open tuesday thru sat 10-6, 10-4 on sat.

Orions is awesome, Huge inventory, and almost always has what you need. some things may be a little high in my opinion, but I would rather support the local shops, than save a few bucks at wally world or bass pro.

thanks. ill have to check it out next time im in clarksville

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    Went on Saturday

I posted this on Saturday, but it was moved to the Local Gun Store section almost as soon as I hit post. Reposting it here as it is topically relevant.

The place was pretty busy, but nothing like it has been in the last month or so. The gun cases were about half full at best. I did see a few ARs, but the prices are still very steep. They had a DPMS AP4 carbine priced at $1,200. It caught my eye because it was the exact same model I bought last April for $950 including tax.

The had some Lake City green tip 5.56 ammo in 100 round baggies, yes baggies. They were going for $89.95 per baggie, limit two. Needles to say, the bin was full. I won't spend $.90 per round for something I paid $.43 cents a round for last April, and that included an ammo can.

They had a few bulk packs of 22LR, CCI I believe 375 rounds for $29.95 per box, limit two. Insane!

The guys there a pretty nice, but until the panic buying is completely behind us, and their prices return to reality, I am afraid I am going to have to keep my cash in my pocket.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    All the panic buying has cleaned them out. From a business standpoint, I'd be worried about the current situation. You've been cleaned out of ammo and guns and every supplier in the country is back ordered. Meanwhile you still have employees to pay, rent, insurance, heating etc. With supplies so low, not may people are buying, especially with the elevated prices. I've talked with Chris before and I gotta tell ya, it would make me nervous about getting enough stuff in to keep my doors open. They are good guys. They have my support!

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    All the panic buying has cleaned them out. From a business standpoint, I'd be worried about the current situation. You've been cleaned out of ammo and guns and every supplier in the country is back ordered. Meanwhile you still have employees to pay, rent, insurance, heating etc. With supplies so low, not may people are buying, especially with the elevated prices. I've talked with Chris before and I gotta tell ya, it would make me nervous about getting enough stuff in to keep my doors open. They are good guys. They have my support!

Very well put, I wonder how many of those complaining about the prices have given any thought to what they now pay for the products they sell and how they plan to pay to keep the doors open and the lights on with little to sell.

I wonder how many people would feel the same way if there bosses told them they wouldn't be getting a raise because there customers wanted them to sell there product at last years prices because they felt the prices this year are just to high.

:twocents:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

I had never thought of it that way. But you can consider that they made bank during the mad rush... but most of all of it will be bled out if the supply runs dry.

Top Bottom