• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    there higher all the time,how about them going to knob creek and buying all the ammo in pallets on thursday and taking it back you their store to resell,yea they really look out for there customers..

I am sure if they are doing that it is because they can buy it cheaper there than through there supplier, it's called capitalism.

I guess you have never found a bargin on something and bought all you could get because it was such a great deal?

But you are more than welcome to open a gun shop and do the same thing along with all the risks and pitfalls not to mention the tying up of your capitial, me I will continue to support them and there fair prices.

:twocents:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    IMHO, pre-panic, it's one of the best shops in Indiana in terms of inventory (diversity and variety) and definitely for stocked ammo, shotguns (especially HD), AK's, and AR's and parts.

The people have always treated me very nice.

Reno_Morris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah I'm not sure why people think they are expensive. They always have cheaper prices on guns then any other local gun store. Most places can't even come close. Also I never pay sticker price. They will always take a little off. When it comes to customer service there is only one guy in there that is lacking the skills. The rest are very polite and helpful.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I love Orion's. Their sticker prices are a little high, but they always take a little off for me. You just have to ask. With such a huge store, I can imagine the overhead they have is high, so I probably would be asking the same prices as well. IMO, I don't mind paying a little extra when I get good customer service, and I always get a hello when I walk in the door.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I've spent a lot of money at Orion...plan to spend more.

I usually work with Chris for my purchases and he's always been upfront and honest with me, giving me candor you won't often hear at a gun shop.

IMO, the "nicest" shop in Louisville is Lotus Gunworks, but the one time I went there was to buy my wife a 10/22 for Christmas a couple years ago and the customer service of the guy that did my sale was *terrible*.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I agree. Back in September my wife and I stopped in. I walked away to their reloading section and she went to check out what we had come for. An S and W MP 22. The guy behind the counter wouldn't show it to her despite being asked face to face. Ignored her completely. I watched for a few as he waited on male customers who had just walked in. Finally I went over, asked to see it. Immediately he handed it to me. I handed it to my wife who looked it over while he got mad. I handed back to him and told him that he'd just lost over 500 in sales by ignoring my wife and we would go elsewhere.

Moral of the story. If you are a female you get crapped on in that store. Which isn't right.

Wow, really? Me and my ex never had that problem when we went to find her a new 1911, he practicly handed her every one she glanced at, she loved theyre service.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Orion/Keislers is a great place, I get by there about 5-6 times a year, always top notch. Was there last Saturday and the wife picked out a new Kimber handgun.

While you are down in Clarksville you need to stop by Falls City Firearms. Rick is a great guy and he has a great selection of mil-surps for sale at good prices. :yesway:

where is falls city firearms in clarksville?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't care how you hill-billy's pronounce the word, it is indeed SPELLED Louisville.

Hillbillies is the plural, you used the possessive. Hillbilly is not a hyphenated word, either.

grammarpolice.jpg

Personally, I prefer "hilljack" instead of "hillbilly". Hillbillies are more of a West Virginia thing. Hilljacks are your Midwestern varieties.

From urban dictionary:

Hilljack:
    From the southern region of the Midwest (see Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Western Pennsylvania and the better part of West Virginia). Hilljacks have a penchant for sleeveless t-shirts, Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet and low-end regional beer. Family gatherings come in the form of cookouts and all of them culminate in drunken brawls and multiple arrests. Young hilljack chicks are usually very attractive but undergo a metamorphosis sometime after they have their third kid before the age of twenty.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Hillbillies is the plural, you used the possessive. Hillbilly is not a hyphenated word, either.

grammarpolice.jpg

Personally, I prefer "hilljack" instead of "hillbilly". Hillbillies are more of a West Virginia thing. Hilljacks are your Midwestern varieties.

From urban dictionary:

Hilljack:
    From the southern region of the Midwest (see Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Western Pennsylvania and the better part of West Virginia). Hilljacks have a penchant for sleeveless t-shirts, Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet and low-end regional beer. Family gatherings come in the form of cookouts and all of them culminate in drunken brawls and multiple arrests. Young hilljack chicks are usually very attractive but undergo a metamorphosis sometime after they have their third kid before the age of twenty.

Now that Hilljack definition is FUNNY!:): So true.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Not a Southern Indiana native, are you? "Louavul" is a pretty good representation of the way it's pronounced down here in Kentuckiana.

Well, lah-dee-dah-dah. Ain't you just the sofistikate. :rolleyes:

(BTW, the word is spelled hillbilly and the plural is hillbillies.)

actually born and raised in Perry county, lived in Siberia, indiana for the first 8 years of my life and wen to school in Ferdinand.
    And glad you saw the "hillbilly" I guess I should have put it in purple for the slower folks like yourself...:D

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there

grammarpolice.jpg

From urban dictionary:

Hilljack:
    THAT is too funny:):

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    actually born and raised in Perry county, lived in Siberia, indiana for the first 8 years of my life and wen to school in Ferdinand.
    And glad you saw the "hillbilly" I guess I should have put it in purple for the slower folks like yourself...:D

Yeah. "I did that on purpose, just to see if anyone would catch it." Right. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom