• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I go to Louavul, KY from time to time to perform inspections, but it is almost always between the hours of 9PM and 2AM and I never got the chance to stop at Orion Arms in Jeffersonville which I always wanted to. Was down there Friday night and some things happened so I had to get a room to finish the inspection on Saturday morning. Needless to say I made my way to Orion on my way back to Indy.
    Pretty good sized store with lots of ammo and lots of handguns plus quite a few evil black rifles. Every sales person I had contact with while I was there was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I left about $320 behind;). They had the Hogue pistol grip that I was looking for my AK and guite a bit of 7.62x39 & 5.56 ammo. Lots of handgun ammo as well. The ammo seemed to be close to armslist gouge prices, but I am still not sure if the manufacturers/suppliers have raised their prices as well. I bought some 7.62 for me and some 5.56 to split with a buddy though. Overall it was a good experience, the service was good and I will definitely stop in again, and would recommend it to anyone that is passing through Jeffersonville to stop in and browse. :yesway:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Sorry. In the vernacular of the peasantry, it is indeed pronounced: "louavul" :popcorn:

I don't care how you hill-billy's pronounce the word, it is indeed SPELLED Louisville.

the word two sound like the word to, and too?
    the word pear sounds like the word pair?
    get it?

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Orion/Keislers is a great place, I get by there about 5-6 times a year, always top notch. Was there last Saturday and the wife picked out a new Kimber handgun.

While you are down in Clarksville you need to stop by Falls City Firearms. Rick is a great guy and he has a great selection of mil-surps for sale at good prices. :yesway:

Last edited:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I don't care how you Yankee's spell it, it's CALLED louavul!

learn-to-spell.jpg

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Orion is ok, not the best. You must have caught them on a good day. I am not hard as a customer. They really need some customer service training. Prices are usually on the higher end. I have dropped a lot of money there over the years.

Don

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Orion is ok, not the best. You must have caught them on a good day. I am not hard as a customer. They really need some customer service training. Prices are usually on the higher end. I have dropped a lot of money there over the years.

Don

I agree. Back in September my wife and I stopped in. I walked away to their reloading section and she went to check out what we had come for. An S and W MP 22. The guy behind the counter wouldn't show it to her despite being asked face to face. Ignored her completely. I watched for a few as he waited on male customers who had just walked in. Finally I went over, asked to see it. Immediately he handed it to me. I handed it to my wife who looked it over while he got mad. I handed back to him and told him that he'd just lost over 500 in sales by ignoring my wife and we would go elsewhere.

Moral of the story. If you are a female you get crapped on in that store. Which isn't right.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I figured the "Louavul" thing would get a laugh, but had to do it anyway. I always enjoy going to Louisville and since I am originally from Southern Stallinois (Dunlap County; done lapped over into Kentucky. Sorry I couldn't help myself) it was always pronounced louavul.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I agree. Back in September my wife and I stopped in. I walked away to their reloading section and she went to check out what we had come for. An S and W MP 22. The guy behind the counter wouldn't show it to her despite being asked face to face. Ignored her completely. I watched for a few as he waited on male customers who had just walked in. Finally I went over, asked to see it. Immediately he handed it to me. I handed it to my wife who looked it over while he got mad. I handed back to him and told him that he'd just lost over 500 in sales by ignoring my wife and we would go elsewhere.

Moral of the story. If you are a female you get crapped on in that store. Which isn't right.

Yea I did kind of sensed that with a couple of them, but overall they were cordial, if not friendly. I pretty much know what I am looking for when I go into a place like that so cordial is all I really need.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there

Also sorry to hear about the wife thing. A LOT of years ago I used to help out in a gun shop in the evenings and weekends and we used to fall all over ourselves to help out a female. Sometimes you would think we had never seen one before:):
    It always amazes me that some LGS "sales people" never realize that every person that comes in is a potential sale. All you have to do is make them realize how bad they actually need something;).

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I figured the "Louavul" thing would get a laugh, but had to do it anyway. I always enjoy going to Louisville and since I am originally from Southern Stallinois (Dunlap County; done lapped over into Kentucky. Sorry I couldn't help myself) it was always pronounced louavul.
    Honestly I didn't even think about it. I can see downtown Louavul from my back yard, and it's a common thing here. Even the Louavul chamber of commerce does it.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana

I strongly disagree, my wife was treated great by the staff, showed her everything she asked for, explained all the features of the pistols she looked at and bent over backwards to help her while I scoped out the mil-surp and ammo section. Even she liked the service and the little extras they threw in with the purchase. As for there prices, well I will always pay a little more for in-stock product.

Remember cheaper doesn't mean squat when they don't have anything to sell you.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I go to Louavul, KY from time to time to perform inspections, but it is almost always between the hours of 9PM and 2AM and I never got the chance to stop at Orion Arms in Jeffersonville which I always wanted to. Was down there Friday night and some things happened so I had to get a room to finish the inspection on Saturday morning. Needless to say I made my way to Orion on my way back to Indy.
    Pretty good sized store with lots of ammo and lots of handguns plus quite a few evil black rifles. Every sales person I had contact with while I was there was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I left about $320 behind;). They had the Hogue pistol grip that I was looking for my AK and guite a bit of 7.62x39 & 5.56 ammo. Lots of handgun ammo as well. The ammo seemed to be close to armslist gouge prices, but I am still not sure if the manufacturers/suppliers have raised their prices as well. I bought some 7.62 for me and some 5.56 to split with a buddy though. Overall it was a good experience, the service was good and I will definitely stop in again, and would recommend it to anyone that is passing through Jeffersonville to stop in and browse. :yesway:

Prolly the big'st LGS/Shop in this area......been in a few times lately.....some stuff,ehh.....reasonable,other stuff?.....they high'rn hell.....spent a BUTTload in the place when Doug Kiesler had it......not so much with the new dudes.....but I still go in/patronize the place.....usually only pickup ammo......IF,cain't find elsewhere (Wallyworld,etc....):cool:

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I happened to be there yesterday also. I spent a couple of hours, looking around and talking with employees. Any questions I had were answered professionally and satisfactorly. Inventory seemed to be as one would expect in todays craziness. Their prices were, in my opinion, normal to elevated. They did have several RRA ar's, and the prices were too high for me, but not as high as I have seen. What Dillon hardware they had in stock was at or below factory prices. Overall a pleasant experience for me and I will return.

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    I strongly disagree, my wife was treated great by the staff, showed her everything she asked for, explained all the features of the pistols she looked at and bent over backwards to help her while I scoped out the mil-surp and ammo section. Even she liked the service and the little extras they threw in with the purchase. As for there prices, well I will always pay a little more for in-stock product.

Remember cheaper doesn't mean squat when they don't have anything to sell you.

there higher all the time,how about them going to knob creek and buying all the ammo in pallets on thursday and taking it back you their store to resell,yea they really look out for there customers..

Top Bottom